Problems with fraps and demomanager

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

(s)AINT

Official Shinon's favourite target since 2007!
Feb 12, 2007
Messina,Sicily
Hi guys.

I'm back to UT since just a couple of weeks and today I've found in my HD a folder with some old demos and I'd like to make a movie using them or, as I have no idea about how to make it, just fraps and then upload them somewhere. There are some questions I'd like to ask you to fix some stuff, GRANTED THAT I'M A TOTAL NOOB AT THIS:

1)I've searched on the forum about Demomanager commands and I've found this: http://gkc.forum.free.fr/moviedemomanager/Functions_overview.html. Well, shouldn't I just type in console them?I mean: while the demo is up, I type in console those commands and it says "Unrecognized command" or something (I tried with slowmo, help and goto). I use the 3.3 version "Written by Usaar, edited by Anthrax". Maybe commands changed?Or am I doing anything wrong?

2)When I play the demo I can't see the chat (nor "teamsay" nor "say"), although I can hear the "bip" sound, and can't hear/see in chat taunts\orders\Aknowledge stuff. Is there any way to activate them?

3)Most of the times I play a demo, I can see in the console that a cheat has been detected. It lets me watch the demo anyway, just wondered what it is due to.

4)This evening I tried to fraps a demo and this is what I got: I start recording with fraps and after 4 seconds UT crashes and I get that error. Moreover video is kinda weird. What should I do to fix that?

Attachments

• shit.jpg
    shit.jpg
    833 KB · Views: 14
  • error.jpg
    error.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 15
PS: as I don't know how to write under the attachments, I'm making another post.

I might need also, if there's one, an easy guide for movie making, something for real noobs, who don't even know how to send an e-mail. If there's one, indeed.

Thanks in advance!

heyyy mate, you got a much bigger problem.. you got a banana in your ear!

commands are slomo and seekto!

back up UnrealTournament.ini, and change video driver to opengl, get settings here!

Last edited:
Well, thanks Waynos for the link: I'll have a deeper look at it as soon as I get these probs fixed :)

Thanks Karl, solved that graphics problem using the older version of fraps, which works fine!
'bout the commands, when I tried to use seekto Ut crashed :rofl:, while slowmo just won't work, as 99% of the commands I've found in the link I posted above :(

Further suggestions would be welcome and appreciated!