Problem with Graphic card

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Biebel

-)EaS*
Jan 27, 2003
I get a critical error with this graphic card: Club Ati radeon 9600 pro

It happens when i join a server and after some seconds i crash and get this error.
Does this seems familiar to anyone of you? Plz help......:)

Attachments

• problem.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 193
a) wrong forum
b) use opengl

I find opengl a lot more stable with ati cards than d3d, though make sure you got the newest version of opengl (serch forums your find a link)

a) wrong forum
b) nice job on making the jpg smaller :lol:
c) never listen to ajax
d) follow the standard UT fixing rules
1. Reinstall/replace drivers
2. Reinstall/replace directX
3. Move the UT.ini and user.ini out of the system folder and try starting it
4. Reinstall UT

5. Buy a Voodoo 3, replace your Radeon 9600 and send that to me

ATI cards dont like d3d in UT from what ive seen install that latest opengl renderer and you will be fine :)

It can't even handle Opengl fs..........my UT wont start with it. Also i tried all the steps of jwer, except the last one........reinstalling UT...
But i barely think that should help....:(

p.s. i have directx9 installed, may that be a problem?

Last edited:
jwer_NL said:
a) wrong forum
b) nice job on making the jpg smaller :lol:
c) never listen to ajax
d) follow the standard UT fixing rules
1. Reinstall/replace drivers
2. Reinstall/replace directX
3. Move the UT.ini and user.ini out of the system folder and try starting it
4. Reinstall UT

5. Buy a Voodoo 3, replace your Radeon 9600 and send that to me

:lol: about point b and 5

dx 9 aint a problem ..
as for opengl.. did you try different renderers? u can install newer ones etc..

did u try any other games btw?

Never had aby probs at all with UT and radeon9600pro, but i had problems with other games and there the solution was to make sure AGP-fastwrite is either disabled or enabled both in bios and in ati-smartgart.

Currently using: 6.14.1.6307 (is that the driver number?)

I also downloaded the latest drivers and tried those but theese older ones give me best performance/stability.

Biebel said:
It can't even handle Opengl fs..........my UT wont start with it. Also i tried all the steps of jwer, except the last one........reinstalling UT...
But i barely think that should help....:(
Sound very much like the trouble i had no too long ago after a complete windows+ut reinstall, with my 9100. Short story: after much mucking about i finally got opengl to work in ut.
Installed default drivers from CD, then directx 8.1b, then catalyst 3.6, then 3.6 control panel, then the 3.6 wdm tvcapture driver (dunno why since i dont have a tv-in on it, but it seemed to do the trick).
Put in the 2.3 opengl driver, erased the UT.ini, started ut in safe mode and picked opengl driver, then restored all settings 1 by 1.
dx 8 or 9 shouldnt matter at all, i have had it running with both 8.1, 8.1b, 9.0 and 9.0a

Where can i dl these opengl drivers, Largo? And Gurk, i tried disabling fast write in ati smartgart, but UT still crashed...it worked for a bit though...
and how to disable it in bios?

I'm too lazy i guess Ajax :P

But anyways, m8s, i got it fixed , first i installed catalyst 3.7 on advise and it looked alright, then it crashed again after switching from opengl to d3d.
So i got a hint from Zork about the ATI Omega drivers which are optimized....and after installation i did not crash yet ;)
Seems ok now, and it was a driver problem fs.