Problem with fps..

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

CypresS

Jul 11, 2002
The Netherlands (NB)
I have a problem with my fps i think.. it's not that it's not playing smooth, but when i type the commando "timedemo 1" the fps is not getting higher then 50 :throw: Why is that? I have a GeForce4 with detonation drivers and playing on OpenGL.. I tryed all other mode's and it's the same, not higher as 50..

Someone know why ?

50? I play with sub 30 all the time. Quit your yappin!

I'd hardly call 50 "Framerate problems".

with ur pc specs 50 fps is'nt good at all try full reinstall of UT and reinstall of drivers

i almost got the same system as you have cypress, only thing i changed from the original configuration is turning vsync to true (=off) and i get about 300 fps offline and 150-200 in online play (D3D).

btw one of humpo's usefull posts again which should be stuck up his ass so far that he can swallow it.

your online fps is capped by your netspeed

56k (2600) = ~42
isdn (5000) =~85
dsl (10000) seems to be around 175ish?
thats about the most i get from my card on most maps so cant tell higher than that :P