[Problem] Vista SP1-Installation

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Bart

Mister Mediocre
Jan 10, 2002
Germany
ahoi,

i have the "honor" to install Vista SP1 on my GFs newish laptop.
ofc i thought that there will be troubles during the updating process...and guess what.....a problem appeared, horray.

Long story short: When the servicePack has been downloaded successfully, the installation starts, but also stops soon with the failure code: 80073712. :mad:
Like you can see in the first attached picture, SP1 is showed in windows update as it should be, but it ends with a failure (2nd picture).

Ofc i updated every single piece of softwarelike shit, like drivers, Bios and Firmwares.
I also tried SP1 full package (offline installation), but the result was the same.
The whole system is 100% updated: No other updates (whether for Windows itself nor for any other Microsoft software (Office)) are available.

Due a short :google: (finally someone who uses this smiley :P) search, i found sumthin that looked promising, but i cant find a pending.xml on the machine :rolleyes:
SP1-RTMs and betas weren't installed before.
WinXP aint an option (dont have a valid licens left) + Windows Server 2k8 cant be a serious option either.

I kno MS provides free support, but before i'm babbling with them, i hoped someone of ya can give advices which rly works.

au revior

Attachments

• WUpdateSP1.jpg
    WUpdateSP1.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 37
  • WUpdateSP1fehler.jpg
    WUpdateSP1fehler.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 37
Is it trying to install a driver from Windows Update? Vista offers me drivers from nvidia for raid & stuff....but throws up stoopid error numbers because the driver installed is already newer.
Nope all drivers were new and no other updates were available on windows Update.
Anyway, a reinstall fixed it ;)

My lips are sealed
;)