Prob with FX5200 Gainward

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

STIGMATA

Jun 8, 2001
Germany
First hi all, didnt see ya for ages :P
well my old gforce mx440 died yesterday, so i had to buy a new gfx card. had not so much money so i bought a FX5200. I dont know why, but the performance of all games sux now, i got about 50fps less in each game than with the mx440. i downloaded newest drivers from nvidia.com and upgradet to directx 9.0.
HELP PLS :(

try to ajust some settings, i have had fx 5200 (gainward) and it works fine for me, if not it may be broken (burned memory) that happends sometimes, and try to change to 8x in bios if not done

stigi :D :wave: :) :party:

i can only advise you to save up ~150 € (what's the geforce, 110?) and get a radeon 9600 pro for that, it's way better. i had a fx5600 installed and it sucked on almost all games aswell, i just brought it back, got money back and bought an ATI SAPPHIRE radeon 9600 pro 128 mb. runs damn good :)

wenn du die karte von media hast kannst du einfach sagen "hielt von der leistung nicht dass, was auf der verpackung steht" oder so, denn da steht immer irgendein bullshit drauf der nicht stimmt :Xmasgrin:

Last edited:
the fx5200 is a joke, if I remember correctly its a really bad excuse for a low end card, I think Ive read somewhere its slower than a gf4 mx by default - I guess youve just wasted that money :$
others feel free to correct me if Im wrong tho, I tend to have bad memory.

:wave:stigi

Sry but it seems that you wasted ur money :(. Calling the geforce fx5200 "a 3D card" is ridiculous.
quoted from a forum:
I have geForce3 Ti200 with 64 MB DDR. In 3DMark, this card give me 5700 and FX5200 just 5200

Well you can try Omega drivers.
Omega drivers are specail optimized drivers. Maybe they can help you.

ATI Radeon 9600SE, Sapphire

ist die auch ok wenn ich die kauf ? hab grad echt net soviel kohle mir ne Pro zu kaufen.
Währe die 9600SE Saphhire besser als die FX5200 ?

auf jeden fall
schau aber unbedingt dass die SE ein speicherinterface von 256 bit hat, NICHT 128 bit! das is ganz wichtig für die leistung, sonst lohnt es sich nicht so wirklich. außerdem hast du dann eine kleine chance, per softmod (omegatreiber) aus der SE eine Pro zu machen.