Porting UT AS to UT2003

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I for one would like to wish both teams best of luck, I like assault as it now but also would like to player a newer assault game type dont ask me what i mean by that cos i dont know for sure. And its cos i dont know that iam glad there are two teams working on it so i will have a choice. Also doc which map are you gonna bring forward into your new assault ? what with the double jump and jumping of walls move mazon would probaly be the a good choice imo. (the new moves would make it play differant imo)

Dunno yet. I can always protect the objectives, so double jumps won't be a problem.

Last edited:
err i think Ajax's point is the new moves in UT2k3, not the original "double-hammerjump", because there wont be any in UT2k3 ;)

I know what he meant.
I can always protect objectives. If you jump to where a objective is, it will be protected with a door or will be disabled untill you do something else... If that's what I want.
Play AS-LaserV3
Try to avoid the book and go straight to the terminal. You won't be able to "enter codes into terminal" until you "find and read the book".
So jump as much as you want... :D

Thought about that too, if you think about taking UT2003 TDM and adding only objectives (like in UT AS) and modifying the RL but all with same graphics etc so show the UT2003 programmers that you can do it better :D nice job :D

I'll help wherever i can :)

I was thinking about one or two mapps from UT AS. Not sure which one yet. Maybe Rook and ....
I need at least one more mapper to work with me. The code shouldn't give us any problems.

i would but i cant code or map though got a kick arse idea for a map in me head which i would love to see a mapper make (any ampper looking for ideas give me a shout and ill tell you dont even want any credit just wanna see it made)

I would like 2 see assault like it is now but with ut2003 engine.. more realistic maps much much more details and so.. the good thing with AS is that u dont need 2 have a gr8 connection cus there is so many tricks launches and so on.. so the first objective isn't 2 kill... launching... can't be so hard 2 fix? just make that mod or wtf u call it and enable a litle boost 2 rockets... hammerjumping is already in but hammerlaunching.. enable it.. I DON'T like the new movements but... they may have improved untill final release I hope..

gl to both teams .. tbh i aint a v. reliable mapper coz i'd just get lazy and stop like all the things i tried to finish for ut :P

aye, gl to both (be nice to see some cooperation as well.. maybe after the initial release of both to see which mod the public views as more fun or whatnot.. more people could mean more prolonged support and bug fixes or whatnot)

RoAR Chat Channel

I've set up a channel for the RoAR team.
What is RoAR?
Basically we're a team that's gonna make AS for UT2k3, as it is today in UT. That means launches, hammering and all other tricks as well.
Wanna chat with us check if we're at:
RoAR Chat Channel
irc.worldassault.com:6667 #RoAR
:cool: