Popcorn Hour A110 "Network Media Tank"

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Martz

Staff member
May 26, 2001
a-110-power.jpg

Just got one, and it's freaking cool :cool:

Basically a little box which has HDMI/SPDIF/network and lets you stream high definition video over your home network and play it on your TV.

Supports lots of popular formats, such .mkv files (high def video container) and supports Dolby Digital/DTS sound tracks.

Can optionally fit it with a SATA hard disk and keep the media files there, or play them over the network via CAT5 or using a WiFi USB stick. If you do install a hard disk, it also has built in bittorrent client (which i've not tried yet) to download your stuff (legally of course) using RSS feeds.

Only had it a few hours and I think it's great. Really portable, has an external PSU which isn't too big so you could take it to a mates house and play your warez :D

Yeah it's about 200 quid.

When they were first released, GBP to USD was much better and they worked out at around 150 or so. Prices have gone up because of the weak pound, so thats about what they are :(

Worth the money? I'm not sure yet. But imo it's still cheaper than a computer needed to playback MKV files, plus its quiet, has a nice GUI and sorta works out of the box (after upgrading the Firmware which is done via the Popcorns menus).