[POLL] What is the best Unreal Version

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

What is the best Unreal Version??

• Total voters
sneez said:
Looks like UT is still teh best :D
you can't compare a multiplayer only game (like UT) and a singleplayer game.
Sure UT brings much fun, but i voted for Unreal, coz that was the first and last Unreal game where i was very impressed by the graphic brilliance.
It is the godfather of all unreal games. For example you can find almost every weapon from UT in Unreal1. And some features like the feign death were already added in part1.

UT was only a sequel of the good (but slow/laggy) Unreal1 multiplayer part. For UT the designers just improved th Bot AI and the network system a bit and added more maps and new gamemodes.

Well the first levels of U1 were very good and exciting and the "I'm a survivor of a spaceship crash, but alone on a strange planet"-feeling was 1000 times better than the story of Unreal 2. Pitty that to the end it gets boring.

If you look at the sshots you'll see how good the grphic for 1998 was :eek:

Attachments

• Shot0000.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Shot0001.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Ok Unreal is teh best.
I played that game too, especially cool that you can Enhance your standard weapon :D

Micro said:
never knew unreal had that good graphic :)
i bet you are not alone. that's the reason why i posted pics.
unreal 1 and operation napali mod for ut are nearly the same
so i think ut is the best game for ever
sure, but Unreal1 influenced the game industry more than UT.

Unreal 1 is a great game, but I prefer UT's weapons on the grounds of:

Dispersion pistol is near useless against anything the strafes.
Stinger is... well.... :lol:

Minigun is the utter, utter, pwnz. Make's UT's minigun look like shit.

sneez said:
When does the Unreal1 league start??
lmao

one thing I wouldn't mind is the ability to use the lower poly unreal 1 meshes for players / weapons / pickups

i completely agree with Bart here:

when i played the Unreal (1) back in 1998 on a pentium1 233MHz, i couldn't beliefe what i saw: what a graphics!
also the tension build up in the game was unbelievable!!
first levels were so scary lol =) so much better then a game like Doom

cant believe only 1 other person voted for Unreal1 besides me.

Didnt play unreal1 myself but from what I heared (also from ppl that played both Unreal parts) it must have been a very athmospheric game.

Theres also a Co-Op mod for UT out that is Unreal 1 MP, played that once stoned as fuck and tired with a m8, me on the mouse he on the keyboard, and guess what a laugh that was! :lol:

some asian server with 500 ping, about 10 ppl, noone knew the fucking way, 5 am in the morning, and everytime we died we had to walk half a marathon back into some narrow strange castle with too many hallways.

class

[x] Unreal COOP for UT

Vince_Black said:
i completely agree with Bart here:

when i played the Unreal (1) back in 1998 on a pentium1 233MHz, i couldn't beliefe what i saw: what a graphics!
also the tension build up in the game was unbelievable!!
first levels were so scary lol =) so much better then a game like Doom

cant believe only 1 other person voted for Unreal1 besides me.
It's like asking in a C&C General's league: What is a better game Command & Conquer'98 or C&C: Generals,
Majority of the people will say Generals cuz it is 'their' game:P
altho the old C&C R0x:P

sneez said:
It's like asking in a C&C General's league: What is a better game Command & Conquer'98 or C&C: Generals,
Majority of the people will say Generals cuz it is 'their' game:P
altho the old C&C R0x:P

Or because Generals is just better (it is imo) :p: