Pls help

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

[SoulGunner]

ADC spamm3r!
Aug 26, 2001
England
Hi just yesterday i bought a new pc which runs a Geforce 3 Ti-200.i am having problems with UT.i wanted to adress them too you to see if u can help me.ok here it goes .

When i installed UT and Ran it on Direct3D 30 secs after i started UT the computer restarts and loads up into windows again.
However i tryed it with OpenGL and it worked but i want to run it in direct3D so i can get the most out of my graphics card.

Thx alot guys ,hope u can help me.

Souli

OpenGL doesnt have to be worse than D3D, you just gotta configure it properly.

darn, direct3d, i want that 2 ffs. playing here with softwair rendering, my card must do better, but if i try direct3d/open gl support i crash ffs. i tried everything; drivers, and that stuf, but nothing is working :bawling:

my ti200 ran at about 15 fps under windows 98, so I could quite imagine it completely crashing a machine with a bit less performance. try diff sets of drivers, 23.11 arent bad, if that fails install XP and swap your old problems with some nice new ones but at least ull be able to play UT.

i have to run off open gl or my pc crashes but does anyone have an idea of how to up the brightness cus ive tried it in prefences and using F11 but got nowhere. stays the same darkness :(

The darkness problem has been mentioned somewhere else but I can't remember where. I think it's quite a common one.

Hope this helps.:P

Originally posted by 007
i have to run off open gl or my pc crashes but does anyone have an idea of how to up the brightness cus ive tried it in prefences and using F11 but got nowhere. stays the same darkness :(

maybe u joined suym clanserver m8? :D

As much as i would like to think that ....

No. LoL. It happened all over the web LOL

i got a voodoo 3 (stop laughin)
when i ran it with direct3d as the thingy UT was incredibly bright
then i changed it back to glide (wot it was originally) and it went darker again but it seems to crash more than it did before :rofl: oh well.

Originally posted by Plonko
The darkness problem has been mentioned somewhere else but I can't remember where. I think it's quite a common one.

Hope this helps.:P

There is a 'new' (May 2001) openGL driver, which workes better than the 'old' one. I downloaded it, and the darkness was gone :D

It's available on the official epic site..

Soul m8, post some more details about ur pc please.
It CAN help to put the AGP Aperture size in ur BIOS, to a lower amount.

Try that. And what does ur comp do, does it crash or does it just restart?

Already downloaded newest drivers? What operation system do u have?

And so on.. Please tell us/me more :D