Please reinstate UTA north american league...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ImmaculateSal

Sep 21, 2001
I speak on behalf of a lot of NA players when I say that we would love to have the NA league back. There are a lot of sub-clans (start-ups) that would love to play in a league setting. From NA I can think of a lot. Maximus, XO, TWG, my clan NFW, and I bet a few others would come back like CoD and maybe sDc. At least give it a shot and see how it turns out. I dont know all that much about league protocol, but a set schedule and something very similar to EU 6v6 is probably the best idea. We had a couple servers before and I think we could come up with a couple again. Lets start some dialogue.

what, u expected something like 50? fs

anywho, i'm not entirely sure how far into the realm of possibility this is, not because of getting an admin or even servers per se, but just getting x amount of players per clan, keeping everyone on schedule etc, tho if theres enough interest, who knows, anything is possible.

p.s. i highly doubt cod would come back :D

yeah, tbh, i'd be willing to help give it ago again, but before anything happens, i think the clans need to commit to the league. last time people didn't commit, and some clans leaned toward WAR.. and although a seeming minority, enough so in such a small league to make the league go under.

I'd love to see NA league comeback.
I personally hated WAR league the whole time, so I would be looking forward to an american league. Maybe uas could be back too, I surely wanna play anyway.

Connection: American 56k

Squirrel, get it updated ya former lagfokker. :D

And yes, me agrees to bring back the US league, still had nice enuf pings there to do my share. Then again, me also wants that the big mofo's put up that FA Cup, sounds interesting so far.

HECK UP AND FREAKING YEAH!(From the head WAR Administrator)

I'm up for this, with a few exceptions... that the US Admins chose their own maps =).

As for WAR, the reason it sucks isn't because there isn't someone like CS to run it... it's that there aren't enough clans to run a league. Sure you may see the list full of clans, but that's only possible because I changed the rules to allow multi-clanning. That means that alot of the clans out there have people from other clans playing for them. The goal of war this time around is just to facilitate matches, not for ultra competition. If the rules for UTA:NA dissallow the multi-clanning, then there won't be many more clans than the ones listed above.

And Yes Sal, I'm still up for helping run UTA:NA. I don't want to be the #1 guy in charge, but I'll help things move along.

(BTW, WAR wouldn't mind at ALL if there was another league facilitating matches. It would only help their goal of getting more assault play in NA)

be cool to implement some WAR features maybe tho, they did a few things better imo;

• In game referees
  • Match comments can be posted by everyone (funny flaming)
  • Map screenies from wars

FDG had a good point about ringers. In the last league, CoD used top EU players in some matches... I didnt really mind that much, but I want to encourage the use of North American players only in this league.

I like the idea of a ref, screenies, etc, but I want to keep UTA features throughout like points system, and set schedules.

So... Who's got a couple servers to donate?