Ping Problem -10Mbit line shouldn't have that kinda prob :/

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

If you are using a router for your home network connection to your ISP, you might look at an occasional reboot of the router. Most of the small 4 and 8 port 100Mb routers suffer from memory leaks, ESPECIALLY those that sport integrated firewalls and DHCP.

I end up with poor ping, incomplete name caching, and all sort of crap.

Myeah, maybe u've plugged in the wrong cable?, i Don't know, playing instagib with a ping of 300 is normal for me though, with my isdn connection:mad:

If you are NTL, or Virgin Media then that will be why. It seems at busy periods they cannot handle user amount. Often NTL users in UT have to wait til after midnight to expect a decent ping with less pl. I often get 30-40 ping but anywhere between 5-30% of random packet loss. This is unplayable. However lately the pl has been the same but ping goes from 30f1 to 90 f1 in space of 10 minutes, usually occuring around 3.30pm when the Riv's, Dirz's and Mousens come home from sk00l.

Last edited:
If you are NTL, or Virgin Media then that will be why. It seems at busy periods they cannot handle user amount. Often NTL users in UT have to wait til after midnight to expect a decent ping with less pl. I often get 30-40 ping but anywhere between 5-30% of random packet loss. This is unplayable.
thats it probably - its virgin media. i live next door to the main bt terminal for Cardiff, i have no idea why im with virgin, i'd get a wicked connection from bt - lool :rofl:

Last edited:
Maybe it's due to the fact that you dig up threads from 2002 about netspeed instead of just making a new one about your own problem?

thats it probably - its virgin media. i live next door to the main bt terminal for Cardiff, i have no idea why im with virgin, i'd get a wicked connection from bt - lool :rofl:
Thats what i said, ring uzi. He works are virgin media. He's like.. superviser there. He supervises a phone, really cool!

Don't complain, you got 20 minutes of unconscious anal sex out of it, which is more than I've ever got from uZi :stompa: