Pimping UT

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Bart

Mister Mediocre
Jan 10, 2002
Germany
we all - maybe except for Jer and Saus - have fast computers who can run UT easily.

Now i'm curious if there is a way to pimp UT visually. we all know High Texture mods for games like Doom3, Fallout3, DN3D, etc. So is there summin fo UT too?

I installed alrdy Deadboys Texturepack, but maybe there are more graphic pimping that is worth using

you tried 3dfx glide as the renderer? Think i may still have the installer at home, will look later and up it if i have.

zeckensack.de .... :rofl:

@ Bart
we all - maybe except for Jer and Saus - have fast computers who can run UT easily
:mad:

31478-DCA134-035805-pih.jpg

:boxing:

using since months the new D3D9 renderer for UT.
Installed the new textures and boy what a difference. Added two pictures as examples. Had to manually increase the brightness, after all my screenies are way too dark.

The one is the ballistic door and the other is in Hispeed. Dont forget to activate S3T in renderer preferences otherwise you will see texture failures.

Last edited:
Not a big secret. i just copied the textures in the folder and startet. Set Anisotropic Filtering to 8x, activated also Detail textures in preferences and have fun. :)

It's wicked that it also works in Unreal 1. I replaced some textures there too. Fixed some crashes and now those screenshots speak for themselves. :wow: When you consider that this game is already 11 years old.

i also installed some mod that gives me teh D3D dx 9 renderer with some pimped weapons effects and decals. :)
Pitty i forgot how the mod is called :\

Last edited:
For comparision here are Unreals original textures (setting high). Guess no further comments are needed ;)

Last edited:
Like i said, i've no idea anymore where i dl it.

Added the .dll and .int from the system folder, maybe that's summin useful for you.

Last edited: