Pic problem in forums, help required please.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

S

smark ION

Right, at 1st i thought it was only my problem, the personal profile pic AND my ION banner are not visible after posting, a red cross is there indicating the link would probably be wrong.

Actually, the link is right, you can see the banner at: www.geocities.com/smarkut/ION.html

I noticed several people have the same problem, and from all those peeps (Ninja, Frost, Crusader and Inferno) all (except Crusader's) pics are hosted by Geocities...

Yet, the strange thing remains is that the pic IS visible at my homepage, but NOT in the forums, anyone got an answer/solution for this?

doh, pic hosting on other server:)

tnx,
Mark.

Re: Pic problem in forums, help required please.

seems like geocities stopped external linking to images.
they read the referring page (the one you come from), and when it's not in the geocities domain, the pic is not accessible.

:| Too bad..

so i really should put my pic on some server?

You could also host them on your own machine, you'd only be able to see them yourself tho... ;)

:lol:

you're much help:)

not on icq ?
anyway ask Neo

Personal pics

Check your settings in setup, there is a link to a place that can host those pictures (unless they removed that).

Re: Personal pics

Hehe, my pics are on ic24 <-- Back from the ic24 56k days, long long ago! :lol:

Perhaps if u ask phear, we could use some ftp space and put up a few pics so u dont have to worry about losing them, moving provider, etc. Well just a suggestion :|

Crusader

Forgot to say, i'm at my parents house.
so no ICQ:)

dont you have some webspace from your provider ?

Yes Fin, that may be a wise option,
i'm fed-up with Geocities anyaway.
tnx.

Wow, Lightning, really appreciate this.

I'll try to get things sorted with my own provider, and for now, a big Thank You!

Mark.

(i might even let you frag me once or twice when we do that 1vs1;)

dont worry about it m8. they aint going no where and take up a whole 20k of my webspace. it dont matter to me