Paradox

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

MadMax

Whiskey Addiction causes attitude problems
Jun 8, 2001
Denmark - Bornholm
I know that this has been discussed before.

January starts out with a reset, all clans get 1000 points, fine.

Here is the result now that january is finished for the top 3 clans in div. 4:

1 |P*I| 1222
2 ]>BO<[ 1208
3 [DWAP] 1194

The paradox is that P*I beats DWAP, DWAP beats BO and BO beats P*I and the 3 clans wins all other matches.
This is the result of the annoying fact that matchdates have an IMPORTANT impact on the results.

Isn't there a clever brain out there who can come up with a modification to the system?
Im not asking for a cup or ladder, but somehow it must be possible to eliminate the matchdate influence on the current system (i hope).

pick ur match dates carefully:p:
when i arranged matches for nmw i always put matches i thought we would lose first
so we lost the least amount of points etc etc
picking the right times is vital imo to get promotion or not:D

My clever brain came up with all this:

You could ofcourse do all the loosing+adding points @ end of the month.

Table:

Loses - %deduction
0 - 0% (duh)
1 - 10%
2 - 19%
3 - 27%
4 - 36%

I came to these numbers by the following way, usually you loose with 4 loses 4x10%. That is NOT equal to 40%!!

example:
100-10%=90-10%=81-10%=72.9-10%=65.61
100-65.61=34.39

so 4x10% deduction = 34~35%

And now for adding points:
You get your share of equal points from the total of the deducted points of the clans who lost.

If a clan lost 3 matches, that means they lost 27% of their points. Those points will be equally devided amongst the winners.
So in my 100point example:
Clan A has 100 points, they loose 3 matches. So 27 points are devided amongst the 3 winning clans. So each winner gets 9 points. Instead like the current system which the 3 winners would get 10, 9, 8.

Another example:
Clan B has 100 points, they loose 1 match. The winners get 10 points from them. etc etc..

I think you all got the idea...

Feedback plz :)

@slimshady :

I know that, but it takes 2 to select a date.
If every clan begins to speculate in dates, match arranging will become a nightmare.

Dates should be irrelevant imho

well, the real problem is that unlike other leagues where u either get assigned to play peopel in a certain order (i.e. cup) or u just challenge up.

thing is, its about fun. and yeah, theres alot of flaws, overall its a decent system, and it works effectively to get people playing and competitively. so yeah, there. i think it should matter, cause stuff happens, u never know. etc.

x-squad and Mr had same problems i guess whoever is luckiest gets the most point's or someone who sits down and works out all the shit so there top with games

depends wot team u get in nonagon aswell, not just the time you play them.

The fair system your looking for is the old 'soccer' points tables.

3 for win
1 for draw
0 for loss

It's fair , and for most leagues would work perfectly fine, but this system has been reviewd and dismissed so many time in uta so don't even bother applying for it. Then main reason i believe for it not being incorparated, is that a small percentage of teams win a lot of games and thus make it impossible to catch them even if they were to have a slip up and lose a game or two. But personally i think that reason's rubbish as the exact same thing happens with the current points system anyway.

or maybe you could work out the points at the end of the month so anyone who beats you is rewarded equally with anyone else who beats you. But then the tables would only update at the end of each month which is kinda borin i guess.

or if the league remembers what points the clans start the month with then calculates from this during the month it would still update as each game is played.

Last edited:
could make the points system more like clanbase's

like the point difference between the 2 clans playing has an effect on how many points are won/lost - which is kinda like it is now, but a bit more complicated

altho IMO it should be left how it is, works fine

i suggested that system years ago maelstrom, but since we had 8 clans in each division then it didn't work as clans picked their opponents themself. it's a good idea now that clans don't, but perhaps there would be alot more clans ending up with the same amount of points at the end of every month, causing confusion and alot more playoffs - which already is a pain in the arse for me as a match-arranger atleast... also i do believe it would be a hard thing to convert the current points to such new ones today, if it was to be tested it should be testen when the points are reset, so remember to bring it up next year :D

lex, actually, it doesn't seem to help - as long as we use % and "real-time" updates you can play the "system" as well as playing your opponents - except if you use what maelstrom proposed - where it doesn't matter who and when you play really (since you don't loose points, and as i said, it could work as opponents aren't chosen). i fully understand the "fairness" and simplicity of maelstrom's suggestion - but i think this system - where it does matter if you beat an opponent with many points, is a bit more confusing, "unfair", complex and Exciting.

in the end, you'll get up if you're good and win matches. i'd suggest to try maelstrom's system, but the convertion seems to be too much work.