out of situational interest

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sobo

Not always sober
Jun 19, 2001
Saxony, GER
Id like to begin a discussion about how much attention people pay to stickied threads in this and other forums.
Personally I often find my eyes simple scrolling down to the frist "regular" topic ignoring stickied thread - in all forums.

I think this is mainly due to the fact that when i began posting in the internet stickied threads were usually only FAQ or netiquette threads which i knew anyway.

which leads to another important point fury!

a lot of stupid stuff gets added which isnt important or even interesting for EVERY poster.

you claim, that every poster should carefully read and do whats described there?
its not relevant for a lot i think

Where did the LOL thread go and y did the CAD thread seem to replace it?

No flame threads? wow, how sanitized and pc.Were turning into americans a little each day.

Ah freedom of speech. Mebby well c each other again on the other side of the wall.

Id say more, but i dont want to get banned.

Last edited:
i read stickies too, just because i like the threads (in chitchat that is)... I think they're just most.
for CAD it's different, it's updated every 2 days, so that means i'd have to search for it to update/post that there, this is more convenient.

Agree though, most forums and subforums have stickies which have been there for years, which usually contain posting rules or w/e.

Yeah I agree I always need a sticky to apply common sense.
If there isn't a sticky saying don't go full retard I usually end up going full retard.:rolleyes:

Besides after visiting forums for 10 years you don't notice a third sticky on top of the regular two. It's time for a visit to specsavers.

afaik its cos idiots report posts when they really shouldnt gen.. nuff said innit :P

Mebby im just old and its just nostalgia, but i miss the old forum days.They seemed more alive and energetic.
Now a days its just a bullitin board for birthdays and youtube videos.