Orange Instagib Assault - Mapcycle Poll #1

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Which maps would you like to play on Orange Assault Instagib Server?

• Asthenosphere

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • AutoRIP

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Ballistic

Votes: 42 95.5%
  • Bridge

Votes: 32 72.7%
  • DesertStorm

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • Desolate][

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Frigate

Votes: 32 72.7%
  • GolgothaAL

Votes: 41 93.2%
  • Guardia

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • GuardiaAL

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Hispeed

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Lavafort][

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • Mazon

Votes: 43 97.7%
  • OceanFloor

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Overlord

• RiverbedAL

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Riverbed]I[AL

Votes: 42 95.5%
  • Rook

Votes: 41 93.2%
  • Submarinebase][

• Siege][

Votes: 26 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not myself no , But if you read through this and the other thread and ask people's oppinions i cant see how some maps came in and others did'nt it all looks way too "pre-arranged" or a fixed poll.

Sorry to say that but that's the only way i can see results like this appearing.

Paa` said:
i cant see how some maps came in and others did'nt
You can't read then. I'll try to explain, it's quite simple: Winners of the poll are in :o
And I can't see how a poll where everyone can express opinions could be a 'fixed' poll at all. If you mean the options in the poll, they are just every league map + customs on Poll #2 because of the 20 options limit blabla (I'm repeating myself).
Maybe not everyone has your uber-ut knowledge to judge ut matters but since it's a public server I thought that a public poll was the most fair way to do.
If you don't like the results, fine, play at any other server.

least we got rid of overlord and atheno, but omg frigate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps get vampire on asap and all is forgiven ill just carry on leaving when lava bridge and frigate come up

Vampire, I'm on it :D
Yup kinda strange that frigate had so many votes :confused:
When I've played iAS I always though it was an awful map for insta, despite of launches etc.
I liked bridge and lava though.

well im really satisfied with the result
cant really get much better than that :thumb:

and frigate isnt all that bad for ias imo, lots of launches but still defendable :rub:

Psychotic said:
btw server is now 10 players max, 5 vs 5, like server #6 on public mode.

I dont like that change but if ppl want 5v5 .....But i think that the best set is 4vs4.Cos our wars are 4vs4 and cos 5vs5 in some maps are pure spam.

Ok firstly Paa, I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you - why on earth would orange admin go to all the trouble of rigging the vote, what difference does it make to them what maps are on rotation?? That result is a good one and pretty much what I expected tbh, I would of liked to have seen vampire in there too but I think the only reason it isnt is that not enough people have played it in iAS.

Bridge, frigate and lava are all good imho. On the rare occasion that either the teams are heavily unbalanced, or both teams have a very high skill level they can be defended for full time it can be very boring, however the vast majority of the times I play all 3 maps they are completed in reasonably times and very competative. Regardless, the same could be said for most maps - I've seen every map defended both ways one time or another when the situation is right. Overlord and Athen, however, are defended both ways *most* of the times so I'm glad to see the back of them finally :D

With regard to player count, I think it would be best to stick with an 8 player limit. 10 is good because it means there is more space for people waiting to play, however it is also more spammy and will mean more maps are defended both ways :\ Also, 8 is the limit for a league match so prolly best it is in keeping with that.

@4vs4 or 5vs5

I asked scrote first (of course), he agreed. I asked everyone on the server as well and only Rotted disagreed :p: :D
I think 1 extra player per team won't really make maps spammy. More slots = more opportunity to have a game for more ppl, which is a good thing. It helps to keep the server alive too. On sunday nights most servers are empty, but yesterday we had iAS games until 3-4 am :)

It can be switched back to 4vs4 if you dont like it...
Opinions?
May I start another poll for this?

best way would be to have another ias server from orange ;)

4 v 4 or 5 v 5 most evenings its next to imposs to join without kicking someone, 2 servers would mean twice the players playing insta (digi server is normaly in match mode)

common orange admins you know you love us blaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

Start another poll :D :nod:

I will be voting 4v4 tho, I think if you leave it at 5v5 you will see the maps that are easiest to defend such as lava and frigate being defended both ways a lot more :\

Also, maybe it's just me but the server doesn't seem to be performing as well now its on 5v5... :confused:

whats the problem with frig?

frig ownzzzzzzzzzzzz, theres like 100000 launches :p just brings communication into it with ya team m8s ;p

Teamwork on public servers ?

bridge golgotha and frigate are piss annoying maps to play and last time i pld people left the server or idle when these maps are up

and 4v4 is best..