Oh hai!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

MeKKo

Oh hai!
Jul 18, 2003
Pittsburgh
For the record, my last visit to these forums was over six years ago... Some of you may remember me. Most of you will not. Throughout my UT'99 career, I've gone by a few aliases, such as bob_the_builder, PsykotiK, and a few others that escape my thoughts at the moment. Although I was never that active in this league (I preferred pubs over organized competition), this is still the largest collection of people I used to play with in a game I loved. I'm not too sure how many old heads who know me are still around, though I do recognize a couple of recent posters. I just graduated college a few days ago, hence the trip down memory lane. Whatever. Since nostalgia struck so suddenly, I thought I'd pop in and say "Hi."

So... uh... hi!

How has everyone been? :wave:

tl;dr - (necessary?) Old school player since game release, joined UTA circa 2003, nostalgic, what's up?

Side note: In hindsight, it's pretty f'ed up that I started playing UT when I was 12... :rolleyes:

1 post. Nope don't remember you. you know whata launch is?? u know what a dodge is???

If so..would you tell me please???

:hangover:

Thanks for all the friendly welcomes. :)

Ulv, bob_the_builder was my first ever name, right about the time heidi_klum was Squirtle.

1 post. Nope don't remember you. you know whata launch is?? u know what a dodge is???

If so..would you tell me please???

:hangover:

Haha. Okay. Double tap any movement key to dodge in that direction. Forward dodge makes you do a front flip, which in turn makes you look like a badass. What kind of launches should I talk about? Hammer launches? I liked the step ladder method going back spawn on Golgatha. Rocket launches? Finish Rook in < 30 seconds? How about the proper way to launch oneself with the hammer? I could also try to remember some spots for sneaky ripper shots... though I preferred just going with the frontal assault with my trusty shock rifle. God I loved the big blue explosions I could make. :cool:

i have screenshots with you in them mek

wb

Just out of curiosity and this may or may not be completely incorrect...

Are you that guy that became an admin and sucked at it quite a bit at it and then went completely insane started nuking the UTA servers?

:naughty:

Just out of curiosity and this may or may not be completely incorrect...

Are you that guy that became an admin and sucked at it quite a bit at it and then went completely insane started nuking the UTA servers?

:naughty:

Haha, I was never an admin of any server besides a few bhop ones in 2004/2005 and a 155/55 insta server. I much preferred actually playing the game and letting others try to police the general populace. Keyword, "try." :rofl:

For the record, my last visit to these forums was over six years ago... Some of you may remember me. Most of you will not. Throughout my UT'99 career, I've gone by a few aliases, such as bob_the_builder, PsykotiK, and a few others that escape my thoughts at the moment. Although I was never that active in this league (I preferred pubs over organized competition), this is still the largest collection of people I used to play with in a game I loved. I'm not too sure how many old heads who know me are still around, though I do recognize a couple of recent posters. I just graduated college a few days ago, hence the trip down memory lane. Whatever. Since nostalgia struck so suddenly, I thought I'd pop in and say "Hi."

So... uh... hi!

How has everyone been? :wave:

tl;dr - (necessary?) Old school player since game release, joined UTA circa 2003, nostalgic, what's up?

Side note: In hindsight, it's pretty f'ed up that I started playing UT when I was 12... :rolleyes:

my MAn welcome!:D