Observations on the 2v2 league...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Cutter

Carbon Allotrope
Oct 8, 2001
<asbestos suit on>

Just an idle observation here on my part, which will probably get my tender behind flame roasted, but it does seem to me that all the top players are just racking up points in the 2v2 league by picking off the newbies and newcomers. I mean, just look at the likes of McNeill & K-Dawg, and G & UKwarrior - most of the matches they have played are not exactly against other top players! :) I'm sure xb7 and xav must be sick of getting constantly owned. Give them a break guys! :D

I mean, are you guys at the top all scared of each other, or do you all have some kind of sinister score-rigging ploy in place?;)

Or am I just being cynical, and you're all just clearing away the dead wood like me first before you all have mega showdowns with each other, in virtuoso displays of finely honed skill?

Oh well, I'm bored, and drunk on red wine, so I'm probably just gibbering :rolleyes:

That doesn't bother me, so long as if/when we decide to challenge them they will play us I dont care how many games / who they play, and I'm sure both G & UK and Mc & K will be happy to play us when we choose to challenge them :)

What does bother me is people like MärchenMan & Polle, who overtake us by beating easier teams then refuse to play us :mad:

Just remember, no matter what position you are in the table, your no better than anyone else until you've actually beaten them :)

Eventually the table should settle down a bit, just atm there is a mad rush to get matches played and position in the table, the top teams wont get to bash the weaker ones over and over, teams get bored of being mindlessly beaten pretty quickly :)

I prefer playing easy teams like our match vs Gen and Phear.

But we felt sorry for them and let them win. Wont happen next time! :D

more musings...

Heh heh...

I will spare them their blushes, and not name names, but I do hear from other teams just starting, out like ours, that their ICQ gets spammed with top teams wanting matches. Now, fair enough, but when NOT ONE of the top teams has played another top team, it just looks so funny :D I don't mind being beaten - it lets you see the tricks better players use, and you adjust accordingly.

I agree 100% with you about those "sitting pretty" in the middle who haven't played a single game yet though.

And totally off - topic - I've been asked by some people who registered over 7 days ago for the 2v2 league why their names still aren't appearing in the holding zone. Has the 2v2 league signup suffered from mySQL problems like the forums?

/more red wine mumblings brought to you by the little goth girl...
:P

yeah, next time u dead phil :P

hehehe

Nice post btw, v good comments, of which i totally agree

Although me and slappa (lup) are not playin G and uk yet, just to piss em off :P, soon though :)

beeps...

And before anyone asks (coz I can see this coming):

1. Yes I go to the cathouse and roofus T, and
2. Yes, I *do* like the Sisters of Mercy and Inky Sukky.

So sue me ! :D

I personally dont think that any team should refuse a challenge from a clan below them (unless of course they can't play etc). Refusing a challenge from someone above you is perfectly acceptable (after all chances are you are gonna lose and they are just trying to solidify their position by playing easier teams), but refusing a challenge from some below you is just "sitting pretty" & playing the numbers game like a llama :)

We have tried to play decent teams as much as possible and I wouldn't say any of our matches have been against an easy opposition, and we were esp lucky that Lup and Gaz decided to let us win :P

We haven't yet turned down a challenge we were able to play :)

we need more matches. ICQ me plz.

As for top teams turning down games, well we've challenged 3 teams above us and theyve said no so what can u do...

Nice people...

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one up late posting frivolous chit-chat on the internet!:)

Must say, you're all pretty decent folks. Anyways, if anyone wants a game/friendly/ownage sesh, just ask for Lydia, and I'll try not to use too many evil spells on you ;)

One small request Phear - could you code a command into all the league servers so that when nasty joins a game, typing "twat" in the console flashes that word in big red letters on his screen, and hangs his PC?:D :cool:

GAZZY! SHAME!!

I've just seen your list of likes, and re: the last one, I think you need help! Quickly! :eek: :D

Night night all, the sandman is calling my name...

fs lol

spock totally rocks :)

he owns , u wanna try ut vs spock, fs maijor kneedown

although he does cheat tbh, caz's bad influence that......

oh and authorise my icq request dam it!!! :D

Last edited:
me and seek challenged almost every top players :D

btw Phear i challenge joooo ;)

but most players dont want to play vs us FS BUNCH OF :cow:s doesnt even respond to my messages on ICQ, and i know they read my messages fs

you know who u are :mad:

SO CHALLENGE US PLZZZZZ WE WILL PLAY EVERYBODY