Oblivion

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Riv said:
Thx Paa and Meteor.

We found out from someone that if you just feast on somebody then it would keep the vampire from dying but you have to continue feasting on someone every few days.

cba to do the quest :P

the vampire is powerfull tho, it sucks you can't walk in the sun :(

until then it's useless blabbering and i'm in charge of that.

I'll agree with this as soon as Ice gives me permission.

Thank-you to whoever replied to my question about the painting thing - this browser won't let me go back and see who it was, grr.

About the long quest to cure vampirism - I couldn't find a walkthrough for it, so I had to do it myself. Spoiler below...

I asked in one of the temples about a cure for vampirism, and I was directed to the arch-mage in the Imperial City (I had a lot of trouble finding him, but he seems to appear in the three level tower at certain times during the day - hang around and he should eventually appear). He directs you to an area in the south east part of the island. There is a house there, right by the marker which should appear on the map. Inside is a woman who can get you cured, but first you have to give her five great soul gems (empty).

Bring her these and she'll give you a big list of ingredients she needs for the cure potion. The most difficult one for me was the garlic, but there are at least two people in the market district of the Imperial City who can sell you some - wait for a couple of days and the garlic will reappear in their list (one of them has one in her cellar too, if you're a good thief).

For the blood of an Argonian, I just stabbed the hand to hand guy who is training with his partner in the Arena district, then paid my fine.

You also have to kill a 'powerful' vampire, but I was shitting myself while I approached his lair, then I felt a bit let down by the fact that I killed him with about four hits (I was level 20 ffs). The goons in his cave are all harder than him.

Once you give her all these, the quest moves into one of the castles, where one of the higher-upper guys is also suffering from vampirism, or his wife is, or something. You bring him one of the two potions you got from the woman, and you end up in a cellar where his wife gets cured. Once this part was over, I drank the other potion myself and the disease was gone.

The quest is easy to follow, despite my hazy description, but the ingredients can be an arsehole. Search alchemy stores for the herbs and just search tombs etc for the soul gems. Good luck :)

sobo said:
It will not work with a graphics card thjat doesnt support 2.0 shaders!
(my Gf4 Ti cant run it) everything is white apart from a couple of objects like chairs and buckets and stuff.

you can try this:

www.oldblivion.com

it worked for me

*bump*

Since I got my new computer I've started to play it aswell.
It Auto-detected "ultra-high" for me.. ;) (3700+, ati 1800, 2gigs ram)
The graphics are just... wow.

I'm playing as a Thief which is pretty cool... just joined The Thieves Guild.
I'm really stealing a lot.. I've checked the stats, on average I still 1 item every 2 mins.. :D

oh tbh, I didnt like it! It felt like you didnt get any stronger as the enemies got stronger as well. I'll stick with some more Final Fantasy 10 these days :P

BRaiNRaiN said:
oh tbh, I didnt like it! It felt like you didnt get any stronger as the enemies got stronger as well. I'll stick with some more Final Fantasy 10 these days :P
Uhm yeah, I think im slowly heading into that problem aswell..
I'm a thief so I'm mostly sneaking around and stealing stuff, while I get better at those things.. I hardly become stronger, mostly because Marksmapship goes up slowly..
I hope I can continue to be a thief without becoming too weak.. :\

Hmm I cant remember what I am, but I fight with swords, and the Dark Brotherhood armours.

I can take on multiple enemies of all sorts easily, but maybe Im in some sort of low difficulty.. but I cant really remember any difficulty setting at all..

well, my sneaking/hidng is getting better and better.. enemies are having more and more probs to find me, giving me a nice 3x sneakbonus. Even when I hit them they seem to be unable to find me, giving me a continues 3x bow attack. :D

Guess if I keep working on Sneak and Marksmanship I should be fine..

Foo said:
I think i have 8x sneak bonus, but i can't remember as im playing bf2 atm

I'm sure its not 8x ;)

A Novice gains a 4x damage bonus for one-handed weapon and hand-to-hand, and a 2x damage for marksman attacks, when undetected.
An Apprentice gains a 6x damage bonus for one-handed weapon and hand-to-hand attacks, and a 3x damage bonus for marksman attacks, when undetected.
A Journeyman recieves no penalty to his chance of detection while sneaking for the weight of his boots.
An Expert recieves no penalty to his chance of detection for running while sneaking.
The attack of a Master on an opponent ignores armor rating when the Master is undetected.

I finished all the guilds and main quest line (for XB360) on level 6. I didn't want to level up because my friend was level 21 and he couldn't kill anything XD so I think the enemies level up 5 for your 1 is correct ;)

It's not actually a very fun game, is it? Run around on horses, don't really explore the landscape because of instant travel to previously found places... All the caves are pretty much the exact same, and Ayleid ruins, and Oblivion gates etc. And, like Morrowind, after a while there is just no challenge any more.

Although I found a great high cliff in the North East corner of the island - I think it's called 'Somebody's Drop' or something. See if you can find that ledge and jump off - it's cool.

Some quests are pretty fun and nice.. I've only been into 1 Oblivion gate (Kvatch), I've found a shitload others scattered across the land... but I'm not going in, hate that place.

There are basically four or five variations on that first Oblivion gate, and they pop up EVERYWHERE. Far too many of them imo, but it's that or go into yet another sodding goblin cave, where you may die of boredom. Too many pointless locations, not enough involvement. If I want to wander about aimlessly for hours, I can do that in the grounds of the mental hospital.