Nvidia problem with TV out and monitor

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Towanda

Old ppl dont dodge
Jun 8, 2001
Sweden
I have my pc connected to a monitor and to my TV. I got bored with the problems having that setup with an nvidia and got an ati card. Unfortunately I forgot the Nvidia problems and recently got myself an Nvidia card again :crap:

Now I wonder if anyone have a solution to using a TV and a monitor with Nvidia? I dont want to use TV-tool.

The most annoying part of this problem is that when I boot the PC up for some reason the GFX adapter picks TV-out as monitor in WinXP (SP-2) and this means the monitor is black when i get to the logon screen where I choose what account to login with. That would not be very annoying problem if it wasnt for the fact the monitor and the TV are on different levels in the house and the Remotecontrol doesnt start to work until after i logged in with an account. Guess TV-tool wouldnt work either btw ..

The gfx card is a XFX GF 6800 GT and it got two digital outputs with adapters for analog which i use one of for the monitor. for TV i use the s-video output.

Tnx for any solutions :)

a new driver release has been out some days now, perhaps u should give it a try?;)
Try emailing nvidia support, they might know a solution

Last edited:
With my old Geforce4 + Detonator 43.45 i connected my Monitor (VGA) and a TV (via S-Video) aswell.
In the driver settings i chose "cloning", so the pic was on my monitor and on my TV at the same time. Never had probs with it.

But tbh i didn't test it with my new Geforce 6800 card and the new ForceWare 81.85, so dunno whether there is a problem. :(

edit: just testet it with my new gfx card + new drivers and it works fine ;)

Last edited: