nvidia issues

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

kelvin

Apr 11, 2002
Sweden
Ive used ATI cards in my old comp and always used directX drivers for UT.
My new comp with Intel i7 and GTX 285 nvidia card doesnt like the old directx driver so i tried openGL but dont get the right feel anymore. With the old d3d driver, (that comes with UT which ive always used) i get crackling sound and dropped frames, so i tried the d3d9 and openGL drivers instead.

I get strange mouselag, it doesnt follow my movements.
With both the d3d9 and openGL driver i get this mouselag, when i turn really fast the screen lags behind :(
I got a new 24" Samsung aswell which only shows UT in fullscreen 1920x1200 in 60hz vsync turned on.(which im not used too aswell)
I will try the old 19"LCD and see if the error disapperas.

Does anyone know if there could be something with the intel i7 quad that speeds/fucks things up and gives me the mouselag that im seeing?

I have directx 9.0c and latest nvidia driver. The Afinnity, is that a fix for dual and quad cpu's?
I tried both UT_0x1 and 0x2 without any improvement. (i was very tired so didnt try enough maybe)
The mouse also lags in UT's mainscreen, so I installed the drivers for my logitech mx518 but didnt solve it.

A friend told me it could be my 64bit version of xp, ill try run UT in 32bit emulation tonite and see if it helps :)

Think I solved it. I had Rivetuner with Directx override and vsync on something. I reset all Rivatuner settings and problem solved :)

Wierd thou that the mouselag was seen only with openGL and d3d9 driver and not with the old d3d driver.