nV detonators 44.03

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sobo

Not always sober
Jun 19, 2001
Saxony, GER
great drivers (also if you were stoned enough to buy some ATi crap, using 44.03 dets is certainly better than some retitled DOS game now called "ATi drivers" :fingers::p: ), get them ASAP, not sure about older gfx cards then Gf4 but for my card it scores nearly +100 marks in 3dmark 2003, but i dont give a shit about it.

even for UT where your gfx card wont really matter i get a bonus of about 10% over my old drivers (41.09)

Im pretty certain this also affects other games, cause the benchmark ran in D3D and UT in Opengl.

wowo someone that plays with precaching on !!! personly i now know you easy to kick on servers when i wanna get on with the map change, turn off precache you dont need it imo.

anyhow, I have a GF3 ti200, would they work with it? And if so where can I get em?

Should have precaching on ... faster the card the faster u cache th files..

i got a gf2mx with 32 mb sdram and im never kicked from servers infact im usually one of the first on

yeah.. everyone.. get them new drivers... they own..... if you like to see a fake high score in 3dmark.. ffs nvidia keeps going, even with the new 3dmark patch they do their so called "optimizations" reducing quallity, and what the hell do i know.. whats cool having drivers that just gives a high 3dmark score and is shit at everything else?

i dont notice image quality decreased to any grade. and like i said, also UT performance went up by about 10 %!! which is damn lots for only i driver.

Ive been on a LAN today, it also fixed problems with C&C Generals for somebody else.

about the 3dmark scores: i already said i wouldnt give a shit about it. what counts is game performance, and this grew.

Originally posted by Paa`
Should have precaching on ... faster the card the faster u cache th files..

The faster your computer, the less need for precaching there is.

Precaching just laods map/texture data in your system and video memory before a map starts, whcih is handy for a slow mchine that wont load it in very well while playing, but any mid range computer will handle it perfectly fine, and there is zero need for it on.

what about if u have a slow hard drive but fast ram/cpu...

ud want it all cached then no ??

well how bing might a texture be ? some loosey kb.. i think even 5 yrs ago there was no hdd that couldnt handle to properly upload such tiny amounts of data.