NRG v Ai Game forfeit

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost

Jun 14, 2001
Scotland
Ok this has to be be one of the biggest load of bollox I`ve heard in a long time, just goes to show the two faced way this league is run, one set of rules for one and another for the rest.

I recall about a year ago a game against TnT, we were defending Cold Steel after the forcefield had went and TnT were trying to get the 2 switches to get into the hanger. All of a sudden one of there guys spawns in there next spawn point and goes on to complete the level with fuck all we can do about, as we were still restricted to the last spawn, was anything done at the time? Was the game forfeited? No, was it bollox and that was more of a clear breach of the no bug exploit rule than what happened in the Ai v Nrg game last night. Out of some of the teams in division 1 Ai is one team I think wouldn`t consider cheating or using a bug exploit.

CS agrees with replay being best

Nah the NRG team didn't want a replay so Phear made it a forfeit win for NRG :thumb: pld

I can sent ya log Jackal I already posted it but it was deleted.. someone call Mulder fs mysterious shit giong on :P

well lads as i played the game last night and i was the launcher who launched OYO and he landed on the box cause he had less health and would of died and game over the map was won here is some conversations with cs last night.....
Enjoy
[22:39] <Ghost> is it true that NRG win by default?
[22:41] <CS> map forfeit for bridge
[22:42] <Ghost> but NRG left game
[22:42] <Ghost> There is a bug in Bridge you can detonate before charges are in place----m that was fixed in other AS league mods so phil knew about it and never took it out
[22:44] <CS> its still fixed, but this seems to be a new way of triggering it. just because leagueas doesn't stop it doesnt mean its not an exploit
[22:45] <Ghost> i have just tried it again by walking up to it and it still works :/ that was fixed in last as mod
[22:45] <Ghost> All nrg left the game so that means forfeit by default to us
[22:46] <CS> it was 7-4, u forfeit bridge, means 8-4....
[22:47] <Ghost> but the bug is still there answer that.
[22:47] <CS> ur guy didnt do it the 'normal' exploit way
[22:48] <CS> apparently he landed on top of it or something, i wasn't there. But getting a switch trhough a solid box is an exploit
[22:48] <Ghost> it was pure accident he landed on box from my launch, there is nothing wrong with that
[22:49] <Ghost> it was FIXED in early as mode Made by PHIL and he left it out this time
[22:50] <CS> he hasnt taken anything out
[22:50] <Ghost> so we should at least play bridge again
[22:50] <Ghost> well why does it work then?
[22:51] <CS> because ur guy triggered it differently
[22:51] <Ghost> he didnt load bridge up and see for urself
[22:52] <Ghost> just walk up to it and it goes
[22:53] <CS> not in LeagueAS
[22:54] <Ghost> it does on132 league mod

here is a comment from Phear aswell ...
Enjoy

00:04:11- <Phear> yah found the problem
-00:04:19- <Phear> the fix for the box trick
-00:04:19- <Phear> got broken
-00:04:34- <Phear> cos I put in the fix for hitscan weapons hitting objectives
-00:04:40- <Phear> as I have just discovered

Hope this makes sence for all ppl who dont know what happened

One Rule For NRG, another for every1 else

Ok I'm gonna post one thing, and thats what happened from my perspective as -=]NRG[=- leader. I'm gonna leave the Leagues perspective up to CS.

What happens goes as such:

=)Ai(= Complete Bridge without getting any of the explosives. Everyone goes WTF for a while, then flames insue, out of the flames we say 2-0 and Tsu/Alien says the same. So we play on and we get to 7-5 (8-4 with the forfeit). This point we say gg, and 2 of us leave the server, =)Ai(= then decided that no its 7-5 not 8-4 and that they won Bridge so we're gonna play on. Well there is no way I'm gonna say thats fair, so I leave the server to speak to CS, our 2 re-join (after about 2 mins of Bridge are already up) and Uzi joins in my place and plays on. I say to CS "They completed Bridge without getting any explosives, do you think that under the rules they forfeit the map?" (not quoted since im at work atm and dont know my exact words), he says "Yes" (and wants to know how the fuck they did it) so I tell everyone that the map is forfeitted and to just leave the server. After 30 mins or so of flaming and arguement on IRC, the decision that the map was ours by forfeit having been made, =)Ai(= decide ok they didn't win it fairly and want to replay it. So I asked everyone if they wanted to replay it or not, and I guess basically cos of the crap that had been dished out (there was more in regards to server "agreements"), few felt they deserved a chance to replay.

Maybe they did do it accidently, I dunno, and if that is the case its a hard decision on them, but theres no way to prove either way. But mostly they brought it on themselves by claiming the map as won until they were backed into a corner, if they had said the map was to be replayed from the outset I can't see there would have ever been a problem. But they agreed to forfeit it (at least Tsu did) and then doubled back at the end of the match.

I never wanted this crap and I've lost far too many friends over this which really pisses me off. No one is right here, no one can take the moral high ground, both teams acted equally as bad in the game, both claiming the map was theirs, nobody even mentioning a replay of the map until a decision has been made.

Hindsight is a great thing.

oh and all this talk of one rule for -=]NRG[=- and one for everyone else. I ask you to name ONE instance when -=]NRG[=- have been on the winning side of a League decision, cos I have lost count the number of times I've conceeded arguements to keep the peace.

1. This involves NRG, Ai, League Admin, and the league rules not ION trying to stir things and have ago at the league administration.

2. TnT vs ION afaik must have been at least over 15 months ago and has no relevance to this situation.

3. Ghost, look at the times on those posts. There is a bug in LeagueAS which (myself and Phear) didn't know about at the time. Which means the protection previously implemented was broken. Although it also has come to light that several individuals alledegly knew about the bug before Sunday.

4. A rule was broken and has to be punished, NRG complained so action was taken.

5. Rampage I did not say that. What I infact said in a private conversation with Tsu is:
<CS> yeah i think that would be the fairest option to contine from that point
Which was my personal opinion at that specific point in time in response to him telling me Phear was asking his team about replaying bridge and continuing from there.

6. Ai say he triggered it by either landing on the box or by coming off of it. I have since tried to accidently trigger it but getting off the box and I as far as I have tested it doesn't seem plausable to do it accidently like this. Being on top of the box does not trigger it u have to push into the sides and even then get the right spots. Ai also only have the word of their player that this is what happened as none of their other players were in view of it.

7. ddie (NRG) says he ran towards it, as i understand it ddie was on the Bridge.

8. Its not possible to say if it was done by accident or by purpose. If however someone had made a demo then this could probably be cleared up.

9. Decisions have to be based on facts not opinions. Therefore a rule has been broken and the punishment issued. My judgement was conducted before any of these opinions including biased/one sided views were formed.

10. And if "we say 2-0 and Tsu/Alien says the same" did happen then Ai should really not be complaining at all!!

i landed on this fucking box, with 10-15 HP ! u know that there is rocket-canon on da bridge guys ??? so i cant stay on the box and must move in the defenders base ?? I ve moved and the map was finished !

stop find excuses fs ! and try to make good mode without any bugs !

2. TnT vs ION afaik must have been at least over 15 months ago and has no relevance to this situation.

I don`t see why it has no relevance there was obviously a map bug which we highlighted at the time and nothing was done about it.

we say 2-0 and Tsu/Alien says the same

imo he hasn't the last word of Ai does he :)
Uk is the leader so Tsu has nothing to say..

1. This involves NRG, Ai, League Admin, and the league rules not ION trying to stir things and have ago at the league administration.

:lol: :lol:

well funny that 1 is, frost just showed a example of a event that's almost the same just a different map but the same thing!
And now that it happens to another clan it's another rules all of the sudden..... :cool:

Yeah no demo, no proof so why choose the side of NRG?
Never say never, everything can happen by accident or by purpose...
so replaying the map is best for both sides and don't say NO because the NRG team cba to play it that's the lamest excuse there is ...

where is the Ai boss his opinion aka UK_Warrior (Clan Leader)..
his opinion is more important then Tsu/Alien.

10. And if "we say 2-0 and Tsu/Alien says the same" did happen then Ai should really not be complaining at all!!

first of all CS I'm not the leader, so dont take my word as opinion of Ai, but at the time I said that, it was my personal opinion because I thought oyo got launched kinda weird so the bug was activated. Later I heard it was a bug in LeagueAS, and that is one thing we cannot do shit about. LeagueAS was supposed to have it fixed, and now we're blamed because we found a bug in LeagueAS.

. ddie (NRG) says he ran towards it, as i understand it ddie was on the Bridge.

it was scorp all the time who yelled that, ddie picked it up from him. then I ask you, if you get launched, are low on health @ landing, see enemy/ies around you and an (accurate) autocannon, will you run on the open field or hind behind a building or the likes of that? remember its Assault the Base, not Assault the other players.

Originally posted by Frost
I don`t see why it has no relevance there was obviously a map bug which we highlighted at the time and nothing was done about it.
Primarily because I was not an admin at the time and don't have the facts.
But as I understand it the 'bug' in that situation could never be replicated and there was conviently no proof that it was used in the first place.
Here it is a FACT that the exploit was used (be it accidently or by purpose)

What more proof was needed than the 10 or 12 peeps being in the server that saw it? TnT admitted it at the time, they didn`t know how it happened, but it was still a bug that meant we couldn`t stop the map from being completed.

Last edited:
As a EX referee for the WAR leauge i have had to make some decisions that have upset one side and benifited the other and this seems to be one of those situations .
I think the forfiet was correct seeing in the rules it says " known or unknown exploits" and you should put this down to experiance and get on with playing again :)

Primarily because I was not an admin at the time and don't have the facts.
But as I understand it the 'bug' in that situation could never be replicated and there was conviently no proof that it was used in the first place.
Here it is a FACT that the exploit was used (be it accidently or by purpose)

Screenshot was made of the console by me and given to Phear, u could clearly see they skipped objectives.

Does nrg have any proof by screenshots or demos ?
The coldsteel bug has been replicated many times on public servers too.

Simularitys
Bug used on map
Not sure if it was intentional or not
Was using latest league mod

Differences
CS is now admin
Different clans involved
The date

Unless u can see any other differences ?

Originally posted by Frost
What more proof was needed than the 10 or 12 peeps being in the server that saw it? TnT admitted it at the time, they didn`t know how it happened, but it was still a bug that meant we could stop the map from being completed.
As i said I don't have the facts to be able to compare that event.

Status
Not open for further replies.