no screen.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Shinon`

19x sshot!
Aug 21, 2002
Sprang-Capelle, NL
Hi there guys, been a while :sofa:

I didn't use my pc for about 3 weeks because i was rebuilding my bedroom.
Today i plugged everything in again and wanted to play UT.
For some reason i get only a black screen when i start up UT.
The rest is working fine, i can hear start scene and the sound of the menu.
What to do?
I deleted ut.ini and tried multiple 3D video devices.
OpenGL: black
D3D: It won't even start, makes the pc go tilt
D3D9: When the game is loaded and wants to go to full screen it's make the screen flash on and off.

I don't know too much but try pushing cables in really well as i know if cables aren't in properly it can cause monitor problems , although it usually is for everything not just games i thought, but try it anyway lol !

@xr: i did that allready ;)

@wish: Yes it did.
I tried it yesterday just when i plugged everything in, didn't work. After that i installed a new driver, still doesn't work.
1 week before i unplugged the pc, i replace the network card because it didn't work proper, but that shouldn't affect anything right.
Especially since i was able to play UT afterwards.

Uhm, ok... I just cleaned the inside of my pc, and it is now 'working'.
I can't use my old ut.ini anymore. when i start up with the old one it can't find engine.engine.engine or something.
When i try to start in safe mode it won't find any Video device eithers :x
Does this mean i have to make a new ut.ini

when i start up with the old one it can't find engine.engine.engine or something.

Do you want to be more specific, the point of an error message is to tell you whats wrong. Only giving half the information of an error message obviously makes it harder to solve the issue.

engine.engine.engine doesnt exist, engine.engine does though

yes, imagine your life without Despise, amazing just by thinking about it!