No Country For Old Men

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Torp

Hai
Dec 23, 2004
Milan, Italy
Dunno if this has been posted yet, cant see on this forum past 3 weeks ago...

Anyway, what are peoples thought on this movie? I think parts were very vague and omitting the parts that I missed due to some little twats making noise it was quite a confusing plot.

The direction and editting was amazing. And the lack of soundtrack was ironically brilliant. Who says you need music to make a movie good? (Jaws et al)

Overall, I liked the action, the story was confusing in parts but maybe that was down to the idiots who like to ruin movies for people.

funny enough i just started the download.. gonna watch it tonight or tomorrow :)

It's very good imo, was a tad confusing sometimes aye. Especially the end. Can't really think of the meaning behind the words he said at the end. I'm a fan of Joel & Ethan Coen movies and this one suits very well in the list of the big lebowski, a brother where are thou? and fargo.

The direction and editting was amazing. And the lack of soundtrack was ironically brilliant. Who says you need music to make a movie good? (Jaws et al)

Most of the time a soundtrack is just the extra way to get money for the moviemakers.
you don't need music to make a movie good, would be kinda stupid imo.
But i do think a soundtrack gives something extra to a movie, think of Shawshank Redemption and Matrix to name some.

Soundtracks are also a way to fill in gaps and cover issues in sound and pictures. The lack of it only means that it's directed VERY well. Every single scene has been thought of real carefully, not just in graphic means but also in sound.

you mean his uncle?

anyway, there's a plot synposis on the imdb page if you need it

OT: the movie is great, javier bardem is THE man in this movie. oscar all the way IMO. As for the meaning, well.. "No Country For Old Men" only gets so real because Tommy Lee Jones is in there. Considering that, you'll get the point, I think - consider the introductionary words as well!

Exactly, I didn't even realise it was his uncle and I missed most of that part because of the idiots in the back row. Can you explain some of the stuff they covered in that conversation and the meaning? In spoiler perhaps.

And yes Bardem was excellent. Quite a scary character who at times was off the screen for long periods. Every time his scene ended I was just hoping he would be on again soon.

imdb said:
Apparently weeks later, Bell drives to a farm to visit his Uncle Ellis (Barry Corbin). Bell has retired, news which is frustrating for Ellis. When Bell explains that he felt "outmatched", Ellis tells him that we have to continue with our lives no matter how evil life gets.
well, as he said in the intro, TLJ's character is tired of the "new age", his dad used to be a cop but they didnt have to use any guns. now look at the time he's in, everyones shooting everyone else, and he's always one step behind the killer, he is literally outmatched. "No Country For Old Men" is a fitting title, considering that.

I think Bardem was captivating at any moment he was onscreen, even if it was only a small flash.
at the check-back to the motel at the end, where TLJ looks 'through' the door and you see Bardem at the other side of it.. fantastic!

i found that movie ok but far from uber

and it looks like its gonna win many oscars looking at the nominations.... hell not a good year for oscars i guess :/

imo best picture award should go to transformerz weeeeeeeeeeeeeee:thumb:

Transformers? The deeply engaging movie about jews being gassed to death in concentration camps? Or the movie about robots from outer space, trying to invade earth/help us?

They should have made the movie a bit ''quicker'', to many moments in the movie that are just so slow and nothing is happening. I think Ive seen more of the ceiling then the actual movie. I found it quite hard to actually watch the screen.

Big waste of my time tbh.