Nicknames....

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Jun 8, 2001
Denver, CO
Just curious where everyones origin of ther nickname came from?

Mine...

Boldar Blood was a character in a book series, made about 2 pages out of 12 books or so.. :) The series was done by Raymond E Feist, the riftwar saga. The name kinda stuck out and used it every since.

Last edited:
I like your old name, GIJoe, better. But I guess after new league formed and new faces coming in to AS scene, everyone gets used to calling you boldar, or BB, now. I still call you Joe tho. Lol. But I do like your new pic under your name on the left there, very much so.

My name came from watching Discovery channel one day ( ok, so I was a nerd. ), they show specifically the time Hollywood use the wave as climax or ending in their movies, and that impressed the heck out of me for some reason. I have been using it ever since I started playing StarCrafts.

But the name Just1GuY is another story all together. :P

pinkyandthebrain.jpg

nuff said. :P

Tale of the Cazman:

When I was a little boy I used to love the Tazmanian Devil cartoons. My real name is Casper. My cousin's friend (loved tazmanian devil too) always called me Caz (Taz+Cas= Caz) And I put the man behind it myself. Ended in Cazman :D

LOL! Tsu, I honestly think that I should change my nick to Joe, almost everyone calls me Joe.. :)

I've been Boldarblood for many years before UT was released.. But one night I got super drunk and I needed a funny name, so I called myself GIJoew/KungFuGrip and it kinda stuck for a few days, and thats when Turbo_Z of MoD noticed me and recruited me.

Hehe, one of these days I'll just be Joe|pi8|, it'd be easier... ;)

My name came out of an argument over what to call a column in a database schema. I wanted UNIversal IDentifier(UNVID) they wanted something lame(CUstomer IDentifier). These where the days when we used to play Quake in the office. I changed my name to UNVID.

Oddly enough if you say each letter slowly and add the word my u get

U... N... V... (my) ID

or for those slow Americans

you envy my id

Welp, I'm called it so much outside the internet world I thought I'd just use it to worn peeps ahead of time.

nice
go figure
i been called jinx for ova
13 years
so umm
i forgot y
but i bet ya it was a good 1

PowerBiscuit started about 11 years ago. A girlfriend was callin me stud muffin and I didn't think much of it.... Then I started noticing (during the few sober times we were together) that she was callin her ghey friends stud muffins also..... So there was no way she could call the pheg boys the same thing as yours truly.... and being the big ol' country sumbitch that I am. I said you gotta do a little more masculine for the big boy here... forget about muffin, call me the biscuit... and not just biscuit, but powerBiscuit... and when I needed an identity to play ut a few years back it popped back into my head cause it's kinda funny... so drink a cold one to the old biscuit tonight. I already drank one for you.
PB

Priest was the street name of a baltimore gang leader who was put in jail for mutipule murders(the legend had it that he got that name for giving last rites to some rival gang members before he killed them)thats where i heard it first for someone other then the church priests,
but i also use it because i changed my evil ways because of finding the bible and being introduced to god for the first time...
so the name Priest to me is based on both something good and evil combined...dark and light..
alot like me!!!

Uh........................I wanted a name for UT that would kinda laugh at the person and show them that I kicked ass after I toasted them........MUHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA *shrug*

Plus I wanted an original name that screamed lack of effort

when i started ut i didnt have one so i just got on as Collin. when the bonus pack(1) came out it had the skaarj skins and there was a skin called pharoh that i liked, so i just called myself that