Next Gen graphics?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

html

<B>When i grow up i wanna be like Gandalf The Grey
Jan 28, 2005
Canada

will this really be put into effect in the industry?

Discuss.

Looks promising if they can get it to work with animations etc, I wouldn't mind that for a games future :)

yeah it's actually a bit shady in the vid about the rendering side

i'm wondering if it's even gonna require specific hardware for it.... if so that technology might be stillborn :(

There is still a small problem I think. The rendering is absolutely fantastic but how about the bump? I do not think it is overly important but how would you move in a world like that. It may feel a bit disappointing, unless they can do more or less the same thing quickly with regard to walking into things. How are they doing it anyway, fractal geometry mapped fast?

yeah i think you're raising and important issue, they seem to be able to generated tons of individual atoms, ok but can any engine make these atoms (like the grains of dirt) interact with said a stomping foot of a character and leave a believable footprint ?

i highly doubt that!

it would be lame to have a pretty individual grains dirt road but walk on an invisible glass on top of it

or see a nice tree with no polygons but have it surrounded in a square glass house :x

still if they can manage to remove polygons i guess someday they might manage to make these atoms interact with each other that would be great.

I always wondered what it would be like in UT if you could assault the base by melting your way through a wall with flak or pulse.

thanks menace!

i got hyped for nothing :( damn aussie liars!