Next Cup! POLL! Please read the first message before voting!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

What gametype would you play?

• Total voters

Torp

Hai
Dec 23, 2004
Milan, Italy
Before voting, please take a few moments to read the information below!

OK guys after the relative success of XB's cup I was thinking a new cup in January would be a good idea and many have replied to PM's and discussions about it asking for it to go ahead.

Anyway, please vote in the poll which gametypes you would play in. Remember, it isn't just your favourite type but which you would actually partake in. This could be ALL of the types listed in the poll.

iAS - Remember, team sizes/match numbers/maps are still all to be determined and maybe polled. This will take place on the best server available, so before anyone jumps on the "can't hit ZP iAS cos servers are shit and laggy" forget about it. The method of choosing teams is also yet to be decided. You might not play insta a lot but IMO iAS wars have been the most intense matches I have ever played in UTA!

ProAS - League isn't amazing at the moment so a cup might be just what is needed and will probably be 4v4 and Pug like picks.

2v2 - Not sure how team selection would work best on this so read this space!

Others: Any from TDM, DM, CTF, iCTF, DOM, RA, BT or team sizes of 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 - Or anything else you can suggest.

P.S. REMEMBER!: Anyone can vote, you don't have to refrain from voting because you know you can't play, this is merely a popularity poll. Vote as if you are hypothetically available to play!

OK get voting! Poll won't end and planning starts in december, contact me if you wish to help :)

Votes for Others:

Repeat Cup - 13 = twnZ, Petez, Akora, Axl, Spoq, Morph, XR, Kelvin, XB, html, Maxiz, Syphus, DJ
DOM - 12 = Useless, Bart, Ban, KJ, Vitzy, Nuts, Ulv, Freakeh, Torp, Hardcore, Malice, Kosa

Last edited:
I may have missed it but will it be similar teampicking to XB's cup??or a different method even for the 2v2??

I wont be playing myself i have no interest just wondering.

Methods of team picking will be discussed/decided at a later date. There are a number of options to choose from and maybe different ones work better with different gametypes.

gut torp, voted for all but ias, firs of all coz i dont rly like it and i think there wont be enough signings for that 1. maybe another stdas cup but with a different team picking sytem wud also be nice.

if ya need help with it, lemme kno :)

another idea, why not another stdas but with group stages so ur not out of the cup after 1 game? as torp said it might get boring to play another 1 but i had alot of fun in the cup as many did, so group stages thingy wudnt be to bad maybe

I personally think group stages is the best way to go about a cup. Gives everyone a chance to get a game, not only the main squad but the backups as well.

If enough interest is gathered for a repeat cup/4v4/3v3 then so be it. But it needs people to reply and not criticise it. This thread doesn't need "ut is dying, I'm not gonna play cos its shit and will fail" etc. Just vote what you would play and lets see? :)

another idea, why not another stdas but with group stages so ur not out of the cup after 1 game? as torp said it might get boring to play another 1 but i had alot of fun in the cup as many did, so group stages thingy wudnt be to bad maybe

Half the players were knocked out in the 1st round, some never even got to play (i think). So I doubt alot of ppl are allready bored with it

voted ias cos its most intense and prolly got most launch possibilities of all suggested above.

and lol at people voting proas and all of them :chicken: out when they got to play 23.

domination would be ownage tbh :) i pld it a lot in the past and it always was fun.

lets do it like the singleplayer of ut. just play every gametype and lets see whos the overall ut champion ;)

domination would be ownage tbh :) i pld it a lot in the past and it always was fun.

lets do it like the singleplayer of ut. just play every gametype and lets see whos the overall ut champion ;)
DOM!!!!!! Liked and loved it too, unfortunally there was never a real acceptance beside the DM and CTF boredom :yawn:
The few servers that were online had such a bad ping, that it wasnt playable in europe.

BO, the average AS clan, was also a DOM clan :nod:, they even were champs

I'd like to play another std 4v4/5v5 cup, or if that doesn't work out, pro as would be ok also

I would love to play a 2v2 cup since this is also very intense! Since 2v2 league is like dead (1 game every 3rd month or so) it would be a change to do just a 2v2 cup then.

I remember 2v2s were sooooo much played the years ago and they were really much fun at all I guess.

or repeat std asasult cup but then 4v4 as pete said...that would rule :D!

keep the same teams, and just make it double elimination (winner of new round plays team.wish)

make a new bracket and have another draft round to replace certain players (freakeh yako) with the new signups!

Guys, based on discussion in IRC. I understand that some of you would love a repeat cup and I think that would be a great idea maybe next summer. I am thinking of starting this cup in January so planning will need to be started in December. I am firmly in belief that if we do a repeat stdAS cup 4v4 or 5v5 then we might well get plenty of sign-ups but will we get the same effort by the players to show up?

Too much of a good thing is bad! If the champions league final was on every month, would you really watch it everytime? Or maybe a few times do something different because the novelty wore off?

My idea was to introduce a new cup, an untried cup and team picking method. I didn't intend to do a stdAS 4v4+ because this has been done several times over the last 4 years. Some were successful, some weren't. XB's cup was actually quite good as it happened but we run the risk of ruining the excitement and thrill that a cup brings if we stage another exactly the same only a month or 2 later.

We can't satisfy everyone. Some would love an iAS cup, sadly that doesn't look like the winning option. proAS IMO will be a really interesting cup though.

I think we can pretty much scratch off any of the remote options such as TDM and iCTF, although some interest is apparant in DOM. I propose a clan cup for that. Clans in the league participate in this and clanless people can be drafted in.

Anyway, my point is I don't think another stdAS cup will work so soon, so I won't be hosting an identical cup to XB's. If interest of the league is to do another of these cups then I will of course stand aside and put this cup project back a few months for someone else to arrange a StdAS cup.

Keep voting though please :)