New UTDC on servers...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

endgegner

The Saviour of UTA. Worship me as DJ worships sofa
Mar 5, 2006
Boston
Is it possible to get some sort of notification before installing beta software onto league servers? I know it's not practice to go shouting about what cheat protection the servers are using (though with UTDC it's pretty obvious you find out when downloading + installing) but UTDC takes time to download + install and is incredibly incompatible with a couple of antiviruses and even operating systems... A couple of the people playing matches today had troubles, so do admins think it's possible to give a little notice to clans so their players can test their compatibility before playing?

You mean, the post made over a week ago wasn't advanced enough?

You wanting 6 months notice before development has even begun on the next version? :rolleyes: :P

The "incredible" incompatible-ness has been present since version 1.8, so it's not like it's an unknown - plus server 2 has been running UTDC for quite some months now.

Last edited:
think i had seen that post the other day

howeever i missed the first map today as i had to install the stuff and my norton didn't want lol

at least now i know what to do :P

You mean, the post made over a week ago wasn't advanced enough?

You wanting 6 months notice before development has even begun on the next version? :rolleyes: :P

The "incredible" incompatible-ness has been present since version 1.8, so it's not like it's an unknown - plus server 2 has been running UTDC for quite some months now.

I had a player who upgraded to Vista and was unable to play on UTDC2.0b, but was able to play with UTDC2.0, and he didn't have Norton installed on his machine...

You forget the most important part Smantie :P Vista 64 bit version

So this utdc version is only on server 2? Because at the moment I can connect without problems to server 1, 4, 6 and 7 which use utdc 1.8?

All servers are running UTDC since months.
1,3,4,5,6,7 = version 1.8
2 = version 2.0b

I had a player who upgraded to Vista and was unable to play on UTDC2.0b, but was able to play with UTDC2.0, and he didn't have Norton installed on his machine...

Any details? Logs?

well u cant stop cheat protection because a few players have problems imo

install xp make it dual boot

It's still beta cheat protection though... if 1.8 and 2.0 were compatible, don't see a reason why 2.0b shouldn't be either, and if it's incompatible (UTDC2.0 is pretty buggy and a lot of servers have chosen just to stick with 1.8 for the time being) it should probably be taken off until it's fixed. I'm sure brajan has already sent the log file to Troublesome and hopefully it will be fixed for the next UTDC version :)

I will repeat what I said above, but clarify the statement - and I don't mind doing so, since this is public knowledge (i.e. you can search for this on google):

UTDC and 64-bit operating systems have been incompatible with each other since version 1.8. Nothing has changed here.

Quite simply, if someone is able to join with a 64-bit operating system, it is because the active memory searching (i.e. the core part of the cheat detection) is disabled on the server... Until a new actionman is compiled for 2.0b which interfaces with the rest of the League system, active memory searching will remain on.

Personally, I have no beef with telling people that in order to play an 8 year old game on a server with UTDC, they must run a 32 bit operating system - heck I know there are more problems with a multitude of software configurations vs Punkbuster on other games; however this is my personal view, and it will be the decision of all the admins that push the official line.

Last edited:
zomg words like wow and punkbuster should be bannable here tbh

:lol:

Now seriously. There is no perfect anticheat as there is no perfect cheat. Even Punkbuster (commercial software) have a lot of issues ... hell ... it's even more pain in the ass then UTDC.
There is no other anti cheat able to detect hooks being developed atm so as long as it doesn't kicks 50% of league players it will remain. We'll switch to UTDC 2.0 as soon as it's possible. Right now it's just not ready yet.

Last edited:
Don't speak with smant, he is a member of a clan which develops cheats. (Hi amb.)

UTDC and 64-bit operating systems have been incompatible with each other since version 1.8. Nothing has changed here.

Quite simply, if someone is able to join with a 64-bit operating system, it is because the active memory searching (i.e. the core part of the cheat detection) is disabled on the server... Until a new actionman is compiled for 2.0b which interfaces with the rest of the League system, active memory searching will remain on.
So if I understand correctly and reason logical from all this, the 1.8 utdc version on the other league servers have active memory searching disabled? (which explains why it works on those servers) And if this new actionman thing is compiled for 2.0b, that utdc version will be installed on all league servers. And the active memory searching will be disabled again like it is now in league servers 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7?

In that case there is no problem besides avoiding server 2 until the actionman thingy is done.

Or not? :confused:

The end result will be that you will be able to play on all servers once part of 2.0b is modified; but currently, yes, you will need to avoid server #2 if you are not running XP / Vista 32-bit

Last edited:
The end result will be that you will be able to play on all servers once part of 2.0b is modified; but currently, yes, you will need to avoid server #2 if you are not running XP / Vista 32-bit

wtf?
why you dont write this on the news-page from the league?????
not all people read this forum :shout:

Popioul and me got the same problem this monday on server 2 :rolleyes:

and the fucking active memory searching was enabled at 20. and 27. august on server 7 and so i cant play this matches too :mad:

more and more people change to 64bit operating systems and i cant understand why you install this shit UTDC to the server???

------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry for my bad english :P

Well it also ruined 2 Pdm matches aswell. Both of them were different issues (1st being unable to receive the files and 2nd being unable to install some new stuff). I would still like to know why its needed on server 2 and not the others when its known it causes major issues resulting in match loss...

wtf?
why you dont write this on the news-page from the league?????
not all people read this forum :shout:

Here is the topic i posted one day after UTDC 2.0b has been installed on server #2: http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=63049

Doesn't it says clearly it's 2.0b?

We got this version on server #2 and not on others because simply we need to test it somewhere during regular matches with proper number of players. We also working on League version of UTDC however OS problems are caused by original code not ours and there is not much we can do about it except waiting for another version.
Almost every match gives us some info about what needs to be fixed and what improved so it's not there just for nothing.

and the fucking active memory searching was enabled at 20. and 27. august on server 7 and so i cant play this matches too :mad:

Ask Cratos about it?!

more and more people change to 64bit operating systems and i cant understand why you install this shit UTDC to the server???

Probably because it's the only more or less up-to-date anticheat that left and can detect hooks?!

Last edited: