New Television?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Gran turismo 5 will be 1080p so I've heared!
And above tv is 100hz xD Its the 6 series from samsung which is pretty neat (supports youtube etc.)

Yeah I got it last week :) No complaints at all! Plugged in my Ci+ CAM module and can watch DVB_C (Digital cable television) without a decoder!

Also gaming on playstation 3 is absolutely stunning.

There even is an UTP connection so you can plug in your tv to the router for a DLNA etc =) (but I use my ps3 for that)

You know I might just get one of those too :)

You're not the only one who's tempted!

Direct playback of h264/xvid via USB, access to internet widgets etc... Samsung are definitely making it very all-round appealable multi-function device!

Would be interested to know your experiences with the playback of hi-def encoded content sneez, support for subs would also be useful to know.

HD works perfectly. (I got all channels for free for 2 weeks , so also the HD ones)
In holland we have NL 1 2 3 (3 channels) in HD . They are on channel 1 2 3 and work perfectly.
Also National Geographic, Discovery, History Channel, Film1/Sport1 and Eurosport HD work very well. Without the use of a HD decoder (only plugged in the cam module)

Also subtitles for digital television work perfectly, it instantly recognizes it.

For streaming I didn't manage to get them working yet, but I only streamed movies from my pc to the ps3 (which is a ps3 problem, .srt subtitles 'can' work there but with alot of hassle.) Ofcourse when the subtitles are ' burned ' in they work fine.

Well I ended up plumping for the 40 inch 651T 3.
Obviously cost a little more but am so impressed with it.
Not networked it yet but its played all the film formats I've tried, from USB stick.
This I am enjoying very much :)

i think the important thing is not to get carried away with 1080p, as timo says hardly anything actually plays in 1080p except blu ray discs . PS3 games are generally 720p and SKY is 720p too! get a tv with 100hz! hz is what all the nerds were ravin about when i did research on our new tv a few months ago.

Exactly...