New rules for the league?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

kooma

Grandmaster of Korso-style karate
Jun 26, 2001
McDonald Islands
Just had a look at the match lists for div5 and div6 and tbh, the league having six divisions is just a sham really. Either all the matches end up 7-7 or 8-0 to either team in those divisions just because no one shows up for the match.

We do have the auto relegation to hz in the league if a clan doesn't meet up with the required 4 matches a month but seriously, we could drop a whole DIVISION for that because there really aren't any players in the matches. The only technicality is that they booked the matches so the relegation rule can't be used.

Therefore, I propose that a new rule should be taken into use:

If a clan can't get a single player to show up to a match, they get auto relegated back to holding zone.

The reason this should be used as a rule is that first of all, we have a whole division of such clans and every new clan who actually DO want to climb up, are stuck on the lower division for at least a month without having to actually play a single match properly. Secondly, when 0vs0 match is going on and there's another match scheduled after it, it might move the start of the latter match with 30 MINUTES.

wudnt that b a prob.. if sum1 simply got the dates/times wrong?

a clan kicked for that? and then ther wud b a flaw.. as clans wud say, oh we thought it was 2moz, which is a valid reason :D

-envy- said:
wudnt that b a prob.. if sum1 simply got the dates/times wrong?

a clan kicked for that? and then ther wud b a flaw.. as clans wud say, oh we thought it was 2moz, which is a valid reason :D

If a clan would make a mix up with the date, their problem. I personally have never mistaken on a match date and since the schedule is there for everyone to see, saying the WHOLE clan got the date wrong is not really a valid reason.

The specifics of the rule are not clear to me either. If a clan simply doesn't have people for a match and someone could notify about it to the league administration, fine, they lose the points but don't get relegated. Other option is no reschedule the match if the opposing team approves like it is today. But if they don't notify about it, auto relegation to holding zone. IMHO, the possible problem of mixing up a date is a MINOR flaw, to say the least, in the rule which in all other aspects is definitely a worthy effort to clean up the lower divisions.

At the moment, the lower div clans are making a mess of the lower divisions. And any new clan who comes to the league, has to put up with setting schedules for players to show up only to face an empty server time after time after time. Is that what you really want? I sure as hell wouldn't want to plan my schedule so that I'll just end up with an empty server on my hands.

all bow down and change the league to koomas preferance, why do you even care about lower divisions seeing as you are in division 2.

Last edited:
the only way to get rid of that , is to stop such clans signing up. clans should have 6 members assigned before allowed to enter the hz in the 1st place.

For people like Jason here, this was not a proposal to change the league to my liking, it was a proposal to get some of the workload off from the league administration since division 6 takes more of their time than the whole rest std league.

the only way to get rid of that , is to stop such clans signing up. clans should have 6 members assigned before allowed to enter the hz in the 1st place.

If you'd read the league rules, Jason, you'd see that if a clan doesn't have six members they can't play any matches, therefore they can't even rise from holding zone to the lowest division. The rule would used in the cases of clans which have members signed up but haven't shown up to any matches.

Futhermore, Jason, I'd appreciate if you'd take your personal problems with me to icq or email or WHERE EVER else because the league forum is not the place for it.

Seriously guys,it is like kooma says here,many dont have enough members to play,but they do/can!Imo a good thing to solve

Savage, keep your bitching to yourself or dont post here.

We give new clans a little more tolerance than existing clans simply because it could take a while to figure out the rules here. If they dont have 6 registered it could be because they have more than 6 players, they just havent signed them all up yet. If they dont show, its entirely possible its only the clan leader that deals with war arranging, the rest dont know. They tend to get about 1 month of breathing space before we start getting as heavy handed with them as we do with the rest of you.

Where 1 team doesnt show - play the maps fast, and get out the server - at the 2 hour point (if you have really taken 2 hours against no opponent), the server changes to the next war - no problem.

When both teams dont show - if we spot it (and we frequently do) we end the match so the next war starts on time. Otherwise - at the end of the next map it will change to the next war (which I know could be over 30 minutes if bridge just came on, but could also be seconds as you get to the end of map when its time).

Either way - we keep an eye on these things and that is a classic example of an inactive clan, and they get removed. Its just this month, there are so many inactive clans :\ I dont see Div 7 forming this month, but we may lose Div 6 :(

u admins should talk to leaders of that new clans so u could see where their aims are and maybe help them to understand the system and stuff here... but like that it really suxx, i wouldnt want to play in div6 :crap:

noone would tbh, maybe right out a introduction mail that automatically gets mailed to the clanleader when a new clan signs on, making sure that all the rules and regulations, how to use the site is clearly understood...

@ Ava: we already do that. At least I've spent hours explaining new clan leaders how to arrange matches, book servers or administrate their clans.

@ Dog: That's a very good idea :)

@ kooma: already explained you on ICQ. You are not proposing a "new rule", just a harder application of current rules. I think sending a clan to HZ for 1 single match they don't show up is a bit harsh.
Basically, what mughi said, we are a bit more tolerant with new clans as we understand it takes time to get used to the league system.

div 7? not hapenning this month. So far (unless more clans retire between today-tomorrow), div6 will survive with 5-6 clans only + 5 clans in HZ.

There are 11 clans on div 6 atm, and 10 in HZ...

The reason is, besides clans leaving, is that we are ruling inactive most of those clans not scheduling matches / now showing up for matches / not having enough members.

Hopefully for October the situation on div6 will improve as only real active clans will stay there.

if u wanna change the league just remove all the autocannons :P

would make me happy anyway :)

kooma said:
For people like Jason here, this was not a proposal to change the league to my liking, it was a proposal to get some of the workload off from the league administration since division 6 takes more of their time than the whole rest std league.

If you'd read the league rules, Jason, you'd see that if a clan doesn't have six members they can't play any matches, therefore they can't even rise from holding zone to the lowest division. The rule would used in the cases of clans which have members signed up but haven't shown up to any matches.

Futhermore, Jason, I'd appreciate if you'd take your personal problems with me to icq or email or WHERE EVER else because the league forum is not the place for it.

well yes, in theory that is the rule, however note that f.e. this clan
http://www.utassault.net/clans/claninfo.php?clanid=313 has 1 registered member, and is still in div 5 :o

i would suggest to write down league rules for play-offs that end with a 7-7 tie. It seems it always ends with 2 theories. :P

Toa$ter said:
just get rid of the autocannons already :P

Mortars and a-cannons are very effective against lagsliding fookers like you Toast :P