new rec zone system ?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ace

Jun 8, 2001
Home
well I suggest offline recs solo and team
where u submit a demo of u doing the map as fast as possible

under [Engine.GameEngine] in ut ini
have just
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=Botpack

but use leagueas gametype so no bugs can be exploited

demos would be small since most recs will be under a min.
and for clanwars, screenshot or demo is allowed
since no1 is stupid enuf to photshop a clan rec

pros
------
almost impossible to fake records
Ppl can seee how u done it
no more clanners teaming up on pubs to get records, like
http://www.utassault.net/images/records/Ballistic/solo.jpg
http://www.utassault.net/images/records/GekokujouAL/solo.jpg

Last edited:
stupid idea. once u see exactly how to do a map the fastest way, you only have to copy it, theres a limit to how fast you can dodge and hammer jump unlike in sports where ther are human factors affecting the outcome of times and scores, so basically its the first person to go as fast as possible, gets the record. good idea! :thumb:

ill be well annoyed if I lose all my records.

Moneky, it's soo easy to photoshop records
Now it is whoever is the best at faking records on some of them :/

All I have to do is look at ur times, enter a pub and photshop it to 1 sec less than urs which has already happened a few times and ppl ahve got caught (Kni I think)

How would u prefer to lose ur record ?
by some1 who can dodge better than u or some1 who can photoshop ?

thing with your idea though is stupid, it's gonna be first come first serve, theres only so fast you can go on a map and the first person to send it in is going to have the "record". Eg: My mazon solo of 26 would be replaced by the first person to record a demo of themselves doing it in 23 seconds or so, which about 20 people are liekly to be able to do, but not go faster.

At least with the current system there is always the possibility for improvement, the chance of being launched, boosted forwards by an opponents rockets etc etc. Also with the current system its more than just perfect dodging and hammerjumps, its avoiding/killing enemies, and actually playing against opponents.

Maybe consider adding this as a novelty addition to the existing gallery, but definitely not replace it. If you really wanna see max speed on maps, check out some of the demos on my site ppl have submitted; 28 sec hispeed etc etc.

it depnds a lot on finding servers full of noobs afk ppl etc
or getting clanmates to be zombies on the other team.
and as for boost by teammates etc, that would be the team records

record zone suck more and more sure.....
But if we play as it s not for do record but for having fun
so you can do all that you want for the future of this section.......not the problem to ppl who want have fun

Ps: i m agree with ace......some ppl like spam and or play on newbie servers for have record and........it s so easy to do records with fireworks or photoshop without guys see something
so........
there is a long time i stopped so see this section because it begun to become anything
but take demos suck too !
so no way !
Ps: (for ace) how we can call a team or ppl who play to 6vs3 and say gg when the game is finish?
:cow:

Ace u like that record zone dont u?

I dont think that offline records would be bad e.g. I wonder who is fastest on Hispeed. Even if u see the demo u wont be able to do it as fast or even faster I guess. On Hispeed for example I never got faster than 32 tho I know that some people get it 31 maybe even 30.

It is easy to get fast times agaist n00bs while they're running in the wrong direction cos they don't know the maps.

I think records should only count if they are done in a clan match. Just like records in athletics, lots of people do fast times during training but it will only count as a record if it is in a competition. Or like records for the Guiness Book of Records, they have to be done under controlled conditions to make it fair and set a benchmark for others to follow.

NO ffs I spent hours looking for servers with noobs and then getting ninja to come in under a fake nick and launch me so I could get them solo records, keep it how it is. Took me ages to learn photoshop and get the ones I couldn.t get playing noobs too.

and I'll say it again.
Slomo 10 owns yer bum.
Slomo can adjust the gamespeed, but it cannot change the TIMER. So the clock will look like normal, your movement however will be as fast as if you were playing Q3 @ 10x speed and using strafejumping like a horny chicken.

this thread isnt worth the time you guys are putting into it, because slomo will spoil it all. you dont even need MS Paint to get a record.

'nuff said.

told allready before that that ballistic was lame record

he stole my 1.10 against Swede, Some BO guy and some other guy

After that i realised that rec zone is a bunch of shit

on others pics ping was 1044 or 542 look the Mazon Teamtime record lol or the rook teamtime record...........In the past I send the picture with the lowest ping.......now I send the picture with the highest OK ? :P