New mainboard + WinXP

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

yuran

Fear is the enemy of progression.
Oct 19, 2001
Coco Islands
i bought new mainboard, but i'm :llama: and i dont know what i need do with shitty XP... maybe i need uninstal something and instal something or wtf... windows looks like unfinished virus :(

when i just changed mainboard win's not runs, reboot always before winxp load screen, when i tryed to start win's in safe mode i had same effect...

some idea ? i know, i'm lame and i don't need hear this, i need help

thnx

did you install xp again, or is it still the install of the old mainboard?

in that case, just get in the bios and "boot from cd" to install winxp(it sucks btw) again, it should work out fine :)

otherwise get your hands on another comp. to format the disk drive and then put your (formatted) hdd back where it was. install windowsxp(I hope you have XPpro, cuz it's a bit better) and then I'm 99% sure it will work fine.

should take you a little time ( about two hours)

good luck

:wave: going to bed :yawn:

Depends on the used mainboard chipsets.
For example:
If your old mainbord got a Via KT400 chipset and you changed to a Nvidia Nforce2/3 chipset, it's recommend that you reinstall windows completly.
But if you used a KT266 and changed now to a KT400a it should work without any problems.

So if you change to a completly new chipset type you should reinstall windows. That's at least my experience :o.

edit: night :wave:

switched from KT400 to Nforce2

i dont like completly reinstall windows... it's not fun for 2 hours, but for 2 wks included all stuff what i need 4 my wrk...

f***d win.virus, wtf OS it is when i can do only reinstall?

hm... no idea :(

the point is : your operating system thinks you still have the old mainboard and(cuz virdows is crappy) , he doesn't change his mind , and boots again, and again,.... :(

/me suggests you take two weeks of :sofa:
or you could wait for :angel:

yuran said:
switched from KT400 to Nforce2(
Bart said:
If your old mainbord got a Via KT400 chipset and you changed to a Nvidia Nforce2/3 chipset, it's recommend that you reinstall windows completly.

IceDragon said:
the point is : your operating system thinks you still have the old mainboard and(cuz virdows is crappy) , he doesn't change his mind , and boots again, and again
It's up to you now.
Sure it's really annoying to install winxp again, we all know it :uhh:, but it's sometimes the best solution to avoid problems.

Bart said:
Sure it's really annoying to install winxp again, we all know it :uhh:, but it's sometimes the best solution to avoid problems.

yo, i aggree, but no time 4 this now :(

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

maybe next year? hm, i will buy new HDD, i hate reinstallations, damn... dunno how i store all data + settings (apache, mysql, firewall, email accounts, ftps, ssh, etc...) <= this sucks... bleeeh!

anyway thanx guys :kiss:

Its rebooting because of the IDE drivers, if you wanted to change from a via based board to an nforce board you should have previously changed the IDE drivers to "standard dual channel pci ide controller" you can do that by going to update drivers, install from specific location, dont search I will chose driver. Then you can change your motherboard to the nforce one and itll work, itll redetect all the new chipset stuff on its first boot, although like everyone said above reinstall is best way in the long run :D