New)ish) OGL render (3rd party)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

well weirdo: if you set a refresh rate higher than your monitor supports, UT wont switch to software, but your monitor will just change into standby and display some message probably.

this is dangerous for autostarting refreshlock applications, if you accidently put in a number too high for your res your fucked, because maybe they dont even load in save mode. (still could be delted.)

well resfreshrate didnt change any framerates for me ever.

Right; OK...

If you set refresh rate to a valid value higher than your monitor supports; yes it is possible your monitor would go into standby mode.

If you have your refresh rate at an invalid value for your graphics card; then UT will go into Software mode (i should've made that more obvious in the previous post).

Screenshots coming...

sobo said:
well weirdo: if you set a refresh rate higher than your monitor supports, UT wont switch to software, but your monitor will just change into standby and display some message probably.

How do you know it doesn't switch into software mode if you never see it? :lol: :p:

/edit Yes this post is edited. You know the original reply Sobo, so don't go off on one about the fact I edited it.

Last edited:
And for thos eof you that havent checked out V2.3 of this render (which has bene out a while) i recommend you do.

The new setting OneXBlending is suppost to make the game look like D3D, but while still having all the OpenGL coolness.

I tested it tonight and it makes a huge difference on a map like Saqqara. IN OpenGL, its pretty well known that this map has over-bright textures and looks crap,

But upgrade to 2.3, put OneXBlending=1 in your ini and just look how much better Saqqara is. Over bright textures = gone :D

Is it me or does the new v2.3 limit my fps to 65 (in offline play) ?? it never goes down or up, it just stays around 65 (regardless of action or view on different maps)

Colors are still better in d3d imo. Don't really like the way shock combos look and other things.
Good fps tho :D

I tested the Truform feature of that ogl renderer yesterday... Makes some polygons flash sometimes but it's quite nice - No more pointed tits on female player models \o/

Altho some weapons look a bit weird with truform.

Supermic! said:
Colors are still better in d3d imo. Don't really like the way shock combos look and other things.
Good fps tho :D

Set OneXBlending=True and have the same colours as in D3D with Opengl performance :)
about truform, well afaik on the 9xxx card the Truform keeps fps low as its no longer Hardware renderer or in the same go (dunno really) as it was done in the 8xxx cards. tried it at one of my m8s hes on a 2400+ with Rad9700 and got like 60-70 fps with Truform on.
playermodels look indeed vey nice, but i dont like wepoans or things that are supposed to be cubic (like ammo boxes or wooden boxes)

Yes like I said... it does make weapons look weird.

But there was no huge performance hit at all here with my 9700...
Maybe he entered some silly values in those 2 fields that apply to truform.

I can enable Anisotropic and FSAA along with truform and still have more than 60 fps with the same system as your m8s (2400+ with a rad9700)

I sincerely doubt that the 9700 has no hardware support for truform. Maybe it's just the way that ogl renderer implements it.

Last edited:
I sincerely doubt that the 9700 has no hardware support for truform. Maybe it's just the way that ogl renderer implements it.

The Radeon 9500+ series doesnt lack hardware Truform so to speak, but truform requires 2 texture mapping units per pipeline, and the Radeon 9500+ series only has 1 texture mapping unit per pipeline, therefore, the cards are incapable of processing truform in hardware.

As of this time, the Radeon 8500/9100/ are the only cards capable of doing truform in hardware. *EDIT: silly silly, the 9000 and 9200 cant do it either *slap*

UT isnt any good in truform anyway. I personly play at 1600*1200, FSAA 6x, 16x AF and average about 70-80 on most maps.

Last edited:
ok eres my stuff, pic taking running at 1600x1200 4xAA and 8xAF.

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
WindowedViewportX=640
WindowedViewportY=852
WindowedColorBits=32
FullscreenViewportX=1600
FullscreenViewportY=1200
FullscreenColorBits=32
Brightness=0.700000
MipFactor=1.000000
UseDirectDraw=True
UseJoystick=False
CaptureMouse=True