New IRC server software

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

why dont you just make like a tree and simply fuck off and leave the league?

:lol: didn't know trees did that ;)

seriously tho:

I stopped using the irc after my nick got unregistered cos I was away for exams.

Yes I bet it's a huge hazzle for a 7331 irc nerd as yerself to reg ur nick again :lol:

but imho and I am not alone u shouldn't have bothered with the irc server

Why are you the only one who keeps whining about this then?

but check some of teh chit chat threads or u may have seen in some of the clan channels, ppl do spam like mad sometimes, just for fun likeI have seen in sixth chan a few times.

That's the nature of the chit chat forum, if you don't like it, don't read it, if martz had a problem with it, I'm sure he'd voice it. If ppl spam in a clan channel(that isn't ur own) wtf do you care? I mean, it takes a lot more than a few lines of floodin' to bring down most irc servers...

In short, I think services on the irc have improved immensely, and the whole point, to keep this community as tightly knit as it is, a valuable one. If you don't even use, why would you care anyway? fucking busybody

Fucking A.

Ace is a social retard with bad comunication skills, nuff said.

ps: the truth doesnt need to be deleted if thats what happend to last post..

bo, bot aut at least were using quakenet, prolly more
by started a new server u have split the community in 2.

U guys do a good job of the website, the forum, servers etc, but there was no reason to first use monsterkill, then go to utgames, then go back to monsterkill linked with worldassault.

Why am I the only one who is bothering to say this ?
well because the others KNOW u won't switch servers. i'm just posting for teh fun of it.

As for the comments about me fucking my mother and being a retard, well I ain't gonna bother with ppl who resort to calling names.

Doglike

That's the nature of the chit chat forum, if you don't like it, don't read it, if martz had a problem with it, I'm sure he'd voice it. If ppl spam in a clan channel(that isn't ur own) wtf do you care? I mean, it takes a lot more than a few lines of floodin' to bring down most irc servers...

chit chat has references to irc spam, which will lag the server a bit.

Flexible, well maybe you should read up on IRCDs.
Erm what u gonna change ? Add a few oper commands of ur own, play with the change other ppls nick commands ?
All irc is used for is to chat, why would it need to be flexible ?
They could fix the /join #200,0 bug or something, what else needs to be changed ?

a bit being the word here, you're speaking against better knowledge here I think, fs the marjority of lag you'll experience will have no correlation to a bit of spam, and the lag that it does cause will hardly be noticeable, so get off the soapbox pls!

Flexible:
  • The IRCD source is at our disposale. We can add modules, integrate with other parts of the site.
  • More personal level, more people able to help - we can help people with registrations, help solve password problems and get lost passwords if they need them.
  • We can customise the server to be UT themed, change the names of the services to reflect that, add Y lines for specific UT reportee bots to allow a greater send queue for increased speed/output.

None of the above makes a damn bit of difference to anyone, because as you said all people want to do is chat. Where they chat shouldn't matter then should it?

Ace: we do not want you to switch servers, we are not trying to move clans onto the UTA IRC server or network. We do not want to turn this into quakenet.

You are paranoid.

So, we know so far that:

1. Ace doesn't want to come to irc.utassault.net
2. We (I) don't want Ace there.
3. That this is a waste of everyones time.

Please stay on quakenet, I am not saying it is less superior - I'm not saying its any better.

Last comments please because this isn't supposed to be an argument about where we should be - its an announcement that the server software was changing - which it has already.

Didnt say retard, said social retard.The difrence is huge, i happen to know a retarded person and he`s a real nice guy..

Originally posted by Ace

erm most lag is caused by you posting too much crap :P
i know you want to "help" the others with making good suggestions, but nobody asked for that.

for me the irc is great, my nick is not registered, but i dont care :)

good work

btw: if you wanna see a REAL spampost, click the link in my sig :rolleyes: :D

you just posted crap as well, sixpack

and the thrad in your sig is also crap, or is it useful for anything?

have a look in the mirror b4 posting in such a thread like this
and I admit I post crap often
maybe thats crap here as well

Tart is a honorful title
Tsunamigayfuckshithole face is a title given by Tek, and he must have used his brain to write such a name, which is historic after all