New Demo Manager

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

AnTi

Ðøgø
Aug 28, 2002
Poland
Well not exactly, and im not sure if it was posted it here before. :D

Anyway some ppl released new demo manager few months ago called movieDemoManager.

It has a lot of new features in, its mostly for people making UT Movies.
For good example you can pause demo and fly with your cam over the map, you can use ghost mode, changing cam speed and many many more!

Anyway here the website; http://gkc.forum.free.fr/moviedemomanager/Introduction.html

Take a look on features list :D it really owns.

Edit

Do not use this Demo Manager on Public games/league matches since its hacked version, and it`s detected as a cheat!!

Last edited:
i'v used it about 2 months ago but i was kicked from few servers beacouse of HACK fs.

just so we get a complete overview:

poema's work (1st post) is different to http://utgl.unrealadmin.org/udemo/udemo31/2005-10-26/

i think azazel referred to it when posting
Third problem is UTDC and DemoManager where you cannot use seekto and it crashes.
There is a hacked version of DemoManager that fixes this but should only be used when viewing UTDC demos.

i am using the one from utgl.unrealadmin in my game-ut and haven't been kicked so far altho both udemo.u and udemo.dll are different from the original ones made by usaar.
btw: poemas demomangager uses the same udemo.dll as usaars 3.0b but a different udemo.u (this causing the kick maybe. haven't tested it yet tho. have poemas udemo only in my movie-ut).

and here is a pack with all versions (renamed, maybe not 100% correct but easier to distinguish between the versions):

Attachments

• demomanager-pack_Taki.zip
    690.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
oh fuck. This is what you get when you don't include readme's in experimental releases. For anyone who uses the 3.1 version of demomanager: do NOT use the 3.1 dll file, the 3.0 works just fine and for some reason (my compiler probably didn't like the demomanager code) the 3.1 dll fucks up sometimes.

Anyway, all important fixes are in the .u package. If you install the 3.1 .u and the 3.0 dll everything will work well

Hmm, got a demo from Direct, it`s an iCTF w00t and can`t run it, i get this error, any ideas?
Tried 4 different Demo Manager versions and nothing :|

Attachments

• DMerror.jpg
    DMerror.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 158
Hm this sounds nice. Is it a new demo manager? so its in the Mod menu like the 3.0 im using atm? should i install this link ANTI posted? any comments?

Use this on different UT copy, just for making movie, it won`t allow you in puiblic games with it since its hacked version. You just replace few files, it does works exactly the same as DM 3.0 just with new options.

AH nice so lost of more options in the MOD for demommanger?`

then maybe ill copy my whole UT isntallation to another folder and start working from there`

was it the link u posted in first thread`?

Well it mus worth a try on an alternative UT isntallation innit? can try as much as i want without interuptng my sharp installation. im gonna try it this weekend mega anti!! =)
gonna read tutorials now at work :)

Yeh use different UT installation. I myself got 3 of them right now :D

Last edited:
Bamse i need ur help with one demo! need u to use the rypelcam thikg on one of my demo if u want to and got time for it??
got a demo i wanat help with or two so i can send u later.

i always use fraps and as ive been told its not possible use the rypelcam with fraps,