New Computer spec and pricing estimate

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Stiffler

Ginger Ninja
Jun 9, 2001
Manchester
Ok heres the info :-

KR7A RAID £137.48
Crucial 512 DDR 2100 £118.00
AMD XP1900+ £202.89
HSF £35
Morpheous Geforce 3 Ti500 £255.33
Maxtor DiamondMax 60GB ATA133 £106.92
Creative Audigy £52.52
Case + PSU £132

Total = £1037

Anyone think that this can be easily beaten ? Is it a reasonable quote ?

Tim

ps: This ain't for me :( I am a skink student without a penny... to be exact I owe lots !

u get a nice Englight Case with a 300 psu for 50 from OCUK

U can pickup the same maxtor hdd but 40 gig for 60 quid from dabs now Lol why u need 60 ?

nah toss the crappy abit board away and get an epox 8kha+ they rock... go t my own friday and its rock solid

and if you got only one hd you dont need that raid crap anyway

2 hds it will be

it for me actually, i have about a grand but im not spending it till june

this was just to see wot id get atm

and we've been told this Abit board is the best, u gimp nasti :D hehe

Inwin cases are good, very solid and bits don't fly off it when you try and take it apart. I think the price for the HD is quite reasonable - don't fuck about with dabs, you know what they're like.

And if your not getting it until June - you can probably knock 200-300 quid off the price of the whole lot - I reckon. RAM seems to be on its way backup - so maybe thats worth getting now?

well if you want/need RAID i'd wait until epox launches their 8kha2/3 series of mobos in the near future...

abit's are quite common sigh in the return to manufacturer compartment:P

what comes to power sources, i'd suggest antec, they deliver truly suberb performance

Originally posted by Teknodeamon
U can pickup the same maxtor hdd but 40 gig for 60 quid from dabs now Lol why u need 60 ?

Lots, and he means LOTS of pr0n :D ;)

good thinkin thur

fs this lady knows her stuff ;)

Thx martz, and natsi u get paid by epox or sommet fs! thx for the input though

wot i actually meant b4 is that i have about a grand (just) and i really want to get the best stuff i can for it, so i dont mind spending it all, just no more :)

do like me and get ur job (oh so you don't have any , do you?) inherit the old stuff and get new stuff for free :D

/edit/ of course the webshop is useless, so I*ll mever get it probably anyway :D

Last edited: