Need some advice...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

amb

`detonative!
Jun 29, 2004
I wanna buy a new pc.
Tell me what you think about it.

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo-processor e6300 : 1,86Ghz , 2MB L2 cache , 1066Mhz FSB
NVIDA DeForce 7650 GS - 256MB DDR2
320 GB Hard disk , 8MB cache , S-ATA 300-interface , 7200tpm
1024 MB DDR2 SDRAM with 533Mhz 64-bits

tell me if it's any good pls.
thnx

http://www.promago.de/news/wp-content/medionaldipc.jpg <- pic

Assuming you're a gamer, get a normal/single core CPU..
Right now multiple cores aren't used by games, sure in the future it will.. but that will take a few years before thats fully/optimally used. By that time you prolly want/need a new computer anyway (for example for DX10).

1 gig RAM is a tad low if you ask me, I'd go for atleast 1.5gigs (I have 2 gigs). Obviously this depends on your goal/expectations of the computer aswell.

I'm kinda lost touch with new vid-cards and all, so if I'm wrong could anyone please correct me?
But afaik, that vid-card isnt exactly that high anymore.. But it all depends what you want/need (just like the ram).

i recommend you do get the E6300. here are numerous apps already that benefit greatly from two cores, and even if there are still games that dont use both cores, you can do a lot of stuf in background, and the E6300 isnt that expensive.
If you get a decent board, you should be able to clock it to around 3 Ghz without problems,maybe youll want a stronger cooling solution then though ( I heared the Scythe Mine was good)
As a board I recommend a P965 chipset board, because the 975 are too expensive.
The Gigabyte S3 seems a good choice at marginally more than 100 euro
Check for compatibily lists between RAM and P965 though.
If you are going to overclock it, you should consider buying DD2667/800 Ram though because there are no deviders on these board that slow down the RAM.
If your not overclocking you can get a cheap AsRock board and use the stock cooler.

As Lex mentioned 1 GB RAM is a bit on the short side (Vista, future apps). I recommend 2 GB so youre able to run dual channel. but you can get 1 GB now, and buy 1 GB next year (because prices are high atm)

The Gf7600GS is a really slow graphics card, but its passive I think.
A card with an outstanding price/performance ratio would be the 7900GTO (but i think its no longer available) at around 230€, or 7900GS at 170€.

the 7900GS is probably around 2 times or more as fast as a 7600GS. so i guess its worth considering the price difference.

edit: oh just saw you dont plan on graphic intensive applications.
then the 7600GS is fine I suppose.

but why are you upgrading from a 2,6 Ghz P4 ? isnt that enough for your needs?

Last edited:
Sobo is right.. why bother upgrading?

since i left my house , i took my pc with me.
now my parents at home have a network but no pc anymore :D
they wanna buy this pc and switch with my current one.
i don't wanna upgrade my old one, infact the ony thing on my mind is would it run sweet ut and do the stuff i did on my other pc.

old pc : Intel Pentium 4 ,2.60 GHz, 512 MB ram ,Medion radeon 9600 TX

new pc : http://www.aldi.be/ALDI_BN/OFFER_BN/OFFER_48/OFF01.HTM <- page from folder.

thnx :wave: