Naat Draft League

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Torp

Hai
Dec 23, 2004
Milan, Italy
OK some of you maybe interested, some may not, dont flame if it doesnt interest you.

This is organised by some NA players, some of which play in the league and have set up a "Naat Draft League". At the moment a few Euro's have signed up including myself and I believe Yako and BN and d1sc have also signed up. Around 40 have already signed up and it would be fun to have a few more players. Yes its on NA server so your pings will be 100+ but its just for a bit of fun. Only downside is you have to sign up tonight so you dont really have much time to think it over.

IRC is here : irc.gameradius.net - #naat

and PM one of the admins - Irish_Drunk, Viperz, Sidoh, or Some_Guy

(Irish_Drunk and Viperz can be found on normal utassault.net IRC server on #coh)

Yes weezy but I dont think there has been a successful EAC like the 1 we just had? Maybe the first 1 was but its not a common occurrence. I dont think The Naat Draft League was created to be anything like the EAC. Anyway as far as I know the deadline has now passed for signups :)

What I was told about is that there's going to be 6 teams made & everyone will be ranked accordingly (with some system they have to do it). Once the teams have captains (those that volunteer for it), then up to 6 players will be chosen in a draft. Once that's done, anyone remaining will become free agents. Not sure on the other details, but that's it in a nutshell. ;)

Just to clear a few things up- This is in no way an attempt to copy anything from this league or EAC. It is, in fact, a copy of another long running league that the north americans have. Major League Unreal Tournament, or MLUT for short. Players are ranked and then drafted and every team has a salary cap, just like in major league sports. So flatter yourself if you want, but uh...you euros in no way spawned this idea. In fact, it seems some people in euroland are quite fond of the idea, this taken from our proUnreal forums @ march of this year: And I quote from someone named Avlan "Hi, I R total n00b in ur US system (I'm a supervisor in European cups) but it looks interesting. Can someone tell me in short how it works?"

And here's the link http://www.prounreal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58143 So in short, don't flatter yourselves too much. You didnt spawn the idea, thx, and have a nice day.

sneez said:
funny that it comes right after uta -eac :lol:

so what if they were copying it? which afaik there not, who cares. The euros have a wonderful AS setup, the americans dont so they have to play on our servers, when they do we have a go at them, when they signed up for the EAC people tried to get rid of them, and here they are trying to have something they can enjoy with a good ping, inviting us to play.