my pc's bollocksed

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

dirk

Mar 10, 2006
hi,

well i was away for fucking ONE DAY! and my pc is bollocksed.
i cant enter " my computer" , it wont do system restore, it loads and then it stops.
when i try to restart it it says that centinal.vxd wont stop.
i googled it and it says that it's panda software wich i use as a virusscan
i also tried to enter my pc in safe mode but i still cant do anything with it :/
now's the tricky part, i need my word folder because there are some important school stuff there :/

well any idea's are more then welcome

dirk aka jackel

p.s made this new account cause i had some troubles with the other one

Last edited:
ban? :sofa:

- did you change something before you left? (for example installing new software, new hardware etc)
- Has anyone access to your computer when you are away? (maybe your lil bro or sis installed a new program that fucked everything up)
- if you've enough space (and a valid WinXP CD) install WinXP again (ofc don't!!!!! format) (or install it maybe as 2nd OS...XP is multi OS able).
- or boot from a disc or boot CD (at home i've a OS that boots from a Disc (guess it's corel linux)).

dlm said:
ban? :sofa:

- did you change something before you left? (for example installing new software, new hardware etc)
nope
- Has anyone access to your computer when you are away? (maybe your lil bro or sis installed a new program that fucked everything up)
now thats a good question lol i dont know
- if you've enough space (and a valid WinXP CD) install WinXP again (ofc don't!!!!! format) (or install it maybe as 2nd OS...XP is multi OS able).
possibility
- or boot from a disc or boot CD (at home i've a OS that boots from a Disc (guess it's corel linux)).
possibility

ill use that as my last option

start up using SAVE MODE (bash your f8 button while booting)
it should start up normally. try to get to System Restore (You can even find that in the Windows Help by pressing F1) and take a system restore;)

dirk said:
i googled it and it says that it's panda software wich i use as a virusscan. i also tried to enter my pc in safe mode but i still cant do anything with it :/

I don´t understand what you mean with "can´t do anything with it" after the safe boot...
But anyway, IF you´r able to boot it in safe mode and get into windows i would start with unplugging the network cable, then uninstall the panda crap virus scan and make sure all files that belongs to it are gone before you reboot it again. If this lets you boot your comp normally again, make sure you have another AV ready to install before you plug your network cable in again. Reason to unplug it would be to stop any possible virus or trojan that might be in your system from accessing the internet and cause even more damage.

dirk said:
now's the tricky part, i need my word folder because there are some important school stuff there :/

If you don´t get it working with what i mentioned above, you can allways take your hard drive out of the comp and take it to a friends house. Install it in his/hers comp and access the files on your HD from his/hers operating system. Make sure he/she has an AV with the very latest updates before you do this though.

And as dlm said. But be careful with this if you for example have your "important school stuff" saved in your "My documents" folder because the new install will create a new "My documents" folder and i´m unsure what happens with the old1. However, if you have the old install on a separate partition this should not be a problem.

lol had to save some school stuff for a girl monday. same problem. panda antivirus :lol:. She was pretty freaked out :teehee: "OMG my work, I gotta hand it in tomorrow omfg. "

Ok, just save your files through an OS disc or by putting your HD as a slave into another machine.

Format

:)

Yeah yeah smartasses, easy to come and say that now afterwards. I was first which means i´m Jackels idol, comprende? :p: