My first UT map ;)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

endgegner

The Saviour of UTA. Worship me as DJ worships sofa
Mar 5, 2006
Boston
Well, been working in UED for a week or two and finally got to the point where I cba to try to perfect my map any more :rofl:

Unfortunately when I started off I wasn't paying precise attention to detail like I tried to later on, so some things came out a bit worse than I wanted and no one to blame but myself :mad: :lol:

Anyways, the map is a little dark. I wanted it like that, if you don't have your brightness up you're prolly a noob anyways :shout: so if you just turn it up everthing will look fine imo.

Tips/Tricks:
Dodge through teleports.
Swim behind the glass.
Shoot the walls where the flags come out of the ceiling.
Look for hidden elevators in the floors. They'll lead to items/powerups.
Bump into the Nali statue.
Run into walls opposite the giant shield to find the shield.

Originally started this just to learn UED, ended up with a map some m8s were enjoying a bit and think I have some pretty neat stuff with dynamic lighting/movers/triggers though most of the map is pretty noob and nothing special. Don't expect much else from my first map tbh. Map was ideally built for pubs and probably not the best 1v1 map, though as I found out last night with a nice 1v1 with Niemand when two players really know the tricks of the map it gets really intense and fun. Hope you enjoy :thumb: :D

Download

Makes one wonder though... why as a DM? A lot of new mappers I know of usually start that way, I guess cause it's a default method into making a map, but there should be a way to make it into an AS (even if it's just a boxed room). :lol:

Makes one wonder though... why as a DM? A lot of new mappers I know of usually start that way, I guess cause it's a default method into making a map, but there should be a way to make it into an AS (even if it's just a boxed room). :lol:

because assaultmaps are harder to make... way harder :P

looks nice smantie imo, use some more zone portals and more semisolids to improve gameplay on big maps:D