MX518 mouse buttons not working in UT GOTY?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Wintermute

Oct 17, 2001
Strachur, Scotland
ello folks

Fancied some UT99 again after a break, so installed GOTY on my Windows 7 box...

works fine, nice and smooth... but no extended mouse buttons, just the regular left right ones.

Installed setpoint, configured the buttons - still nothing.

any ideas?

Alright I guess you want to get your side buttons to work? I had the same thing with the MX518

Open Setpoint and go where you can adjust the buttons for you mouse (see picture)
setpoint1.jpg

In 1a Select all programs, and select one of the side buttons and assign it to keystroke, in 3a assign side button up too page up key
Do the same for the other side button too page down key.

Go to your user ini and set:
PageDown=switchweapon 10 | switchweapon 7
PageUp=switchweapon 9 | switchweapon 4
or whatever you want it to do ...

If you want to make those buttons work in Internet brower again ( to go to previeus page etc) setpoint > program select > IE and then change them to web back & forward
setpoint2.jpg

Why do I do it like this? Well I tried to add unrealtournament.exe to the programs list in setpoint to bind the mousekeys but it didnt work, that's why it is programmed in All Programs. The only downside is that the buttons don't do backwards and forward in folders in windows ...

Hi Dave :)

cheers for that Solar - I tried this, but it didn't work for me... but I was trying to map F6 and F7.

As a question - what O/S are you running?

I'm using XP atm, it didnt work when you binded them like that?? Not using ut.exe but under all programs?