MP3 Players

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Paa`

Don't Fear The Reaper!
Apr 2, 2002
UK
I broke my muvo2 so im looking for a solid state mp3 player

What i want is a rechargable 1 gig flash ( not microdrive ) mp3 player.

Ive found 1 possible player it's from sony......

Do sony do anything to there mp3 players to stop u in any way using it like a normal mp3 player?

Is there another mp3 player like it that ive missed?

Secondly..

I want to get a mp3/radio alarm clock..... do they exist? i have'nt been able to find any as of yet :/

If there is'nt one could someone recommend a really good digital radio alarm clock? normal fm radio reception is poor in my area..

Thank's.

I am currently after something similar (1GB/512MB), however don't really want support for wma. I would however like ogg support. Has anyone seen these about in retails stores?

Now your gunna explain how it's done lol

how can u fit a 1 gig flash card into a muvo !

bought an Creative zen micro

has 5 gb, can be used as, radio, mp3 player, storage, alarm clock

price is abit high tho, bought it for 187 euro's

get an iriver flashplayer, available with up to 1 GB memory.
- ogg support (from iFP-3xx series on, I think)
- radio
- alarm clock feature I think on some models (my brother's one has that)
- and all the other little extras that you'd ever need
plus good quality, great sound (custom EQ), regular firmware updates (maybe not for the old models, if all's been fixed there ;) )
etc.

yes I'm an iriver fanboy on this topic.

You do.

Found a nice iriver ifp 999 1 gig model look's nice and supports OGG

First of all u can get creative muvos with radios and 1G space etc.
M8 has a 1G sony one that I've listened to....better quality all round but more expensive than muvos.

I have a Pure Evoke-1 digital radio that is excellent interms of how it looks, build quality, how it works and sounds...u can get a newer version of it that lets u use it as a radio alarm...think its an Evoke-2 or summat.

Another thing to mention is I just got a new mobile phone....sony ericsson K750i and the mp3 player and radio on it is better quality than my muvo tx 256MB. U can upgrade the phone to 2GB as well. Use it as a remote control for ur computer using bluetooth, 2M pixel auto focus camera, etc etc etc.

Hope that helps m8. :Xmaskiss:

ah wee edit after looking at above posts. After being interested in sound and music for lots of years I'd say this....pay the extra for the better brands and you wont regret it if music quality is important to you...sony have many many years experience creating portable music players and headphones.

lol another edit...found the nice sony one my m8 had on amazon:

Sony NW-E99 Network Walkman 1Gb - Chrome

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-9209959-7263627

it is way smaller than it looks in picci too.

Last edited:
i have this one
PHILIPS 512MB GoGear SA177
512 MB, plays wma but dunno about ogg

sa177_01.jpg

sa177new.jpeg

Reactions: F@TBOY
the music quality is perfect ! u have a record option but the quality is medium to shit ^^ (also useless)
many cool option, u can set the time and the date, u can reduce the energie volume, so that u can hear much more music =)
flaws, hmmmm have it now 1 month and dont found any
with nice usb2.0 techonology
sa177_04.jpg
sa177_05.jpg

more informations here http://cgi.ebay.de/PHILIPS-GoGear-5...ryZ96330QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
I got a Muvo2 1 Gb for my daughter and apart from a volume control fuck up which I fixed by upgrading the firmware, it seems to be a top piece of kit. Very slight hiss between tracks but who cares. Looks good and has a half decent FM radio as well. 80 quid delivered from Amazon.