Mouse Pointer moves it self

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ZoLa

I Suck
Apr 25, 2003
Iceland,Reykjavík
Well i just bought a dell dimension 4700 and i had to return the comp i got becauz of cd problems and i got a new comp. Now my mouse pointer moves itself to the corners when the pointer is on much movement like in UT. I've tried 2 diffrend mouses logitech mx310 and a dell optical mouse wich i bought with the comp and it happends with both, tried to reinstall drivers and all the stuff MyM told me but nothing works does just work at start but start going to the corners again. Is someone who can help me? Someone had this problem?

ZoLa said:
Now my mouse pointer moves itself to the corners when the pointer is on much movement like in UT.
older or worse optical mice have problems with fast movements. The laser can't handle fast mouse position changes.
Happened to me aswell with my old optical mouse (Logitech Mouse Optical), but now with my mx500 this problem has gone.
Try to play with an old ball mouse to see if this problem is or isn't caused by the optical mouse.

(although the mx310 is a pretty decent mouse :\)

edit: you can try it urslef by testing it:
move the mouse as fast as possible (i.e. from left to right). If the cursor stuck or act weird that's a problem with the optical laser.

Last edited:
What Bart said. But i wouldn't recommend a Dell pc anyway :p:

Dell are overpriced and their refusal to aknowledge the existance of amd is irritating. They do make damn good servers though, would never buy a desktop from them but for a server then they would be near the top of my list. My generic brand optical mouse screws up when you move it too fast, the cursor moves slightly the other way lol. Will get an mx 510 some time, for now this is adequate, it was a present anyway so seems a bit harsh if I stop using it.

yesterday (this has only happened about twice/3times) i was on rosebums (CTF Slv) server and it kept turning right only when i was in the Slv(Stranglove rocket).......I'm not sure if it was the server but sometimes with my crappy laptop (dot mouse) it moooooves even when not in games