Mouse Locks

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

jwer_NL

***YODA***
Oct 18, 2001
GRUN OWNS
I have the MX500 Optical mouse plugged into USB and when i play games the mouse sometimes just completely freezes and i can't move it at all anymore. The only thing that works is pulling the plug out of the USB and putting it back in, and it works again.

Using the latest Logitech and mainboard drivers...

I do have a problem with overheating of the videocard lately and since it happens only in games i'm inclined to think that might be causing it, but then again, the game doesn't freeze it's just the mouse. Just to clarify i just reïnstalled my computer last sunday, as in, COMPLETELY so i doubt i allready have tons of spyware running in the background, i had it before i reïnstalled and it's back straight after...

any idea's anyone?

I got the same mouse running on my notebook along with touchpad and trackstick. I've never had problems with it.

I never installed the logitech software!!!And it's a dream of a mouse.

I am inclined to think you might have troubles with your USB device.

Good luck finding a solution :)

have a check in device manager that turnoff this device to save power is not ticked

i have a hacked usbport.sys that raises the polling to usb ports helps mice unless they ms

give it a go

make a manual system restore point (if Turned on just incase)

Go into safemode (this is to avoid WFP), replace the patched usbport.sys in both
Code:
%SystemRoot%\System32\Drivers AND %SystemRoot%\System32\dllcache
(hidden folder)

before you do rename the old ones to usbport.bak incase u need to go back

Reboot, and it should all work fine.

Back in WinXP, check samplerate, and you SHOULD notice the change.

For the ones with total blindness for such things; you will notice that sensitivity feels LOWER.

Other things: Better responsetime/less jitter/mouselag/whine from you.

this file is for xp 2

works in xp 2, server 2k3 unntested in xp, xpsp1 & win 2k

use at your own risk all i can say is that it worked on mine

Attachments

• USBPORT.zip
    68.3 KB · Views: 35
I have also had the same problem on a PC at work. Uninstalling the logitech bloatware cured it...

It all depends on whether you actually need the software or not.