mIRC prob: [10053] Software caused connection abort

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

uZi

Bannned
Jun 8, 2001
South Wales
Lo, I've been having this error every single day at almost exactly the same time for a very long time now.

It disconnects me from both the uta network and quakenet as well, pretty much at 00:08 GMT on the dot every single night (give or take 30 seconds). I have looked through my router settings and logs, theres no packets recieved which seem to correspond to the disconnection times. There are no settings in mIRC that i can find which seem to relate to a timer which could cause it.

Anyone got any ideas?

This is an old copy of mIRC from a few years ago, and a reinstall would probably fix it - but i really dont want to re-write my script for it, since its taken me this long to get it set up as i like it.

So before i start reinstalling, anyone got any suggestions??

kfanxba

xxx

Yeah does sound like it could be a bug in an old version of mirc. No other ideas really.

Try a later version of mIRC just to narrow it down to your actual copy, if it works then you can go from there.

its the latest version already.. 6.21 :S tbh tho i have installed over the top a few times.. like i said - i'd rather not start from scratch tho

To me it sounds more connection related, rather then mIRC related. Try have another connection open at the time it usually happens, for an example a http/ftp download running, and check if it gets disconnected too.
If it does, it could be your router resetting, or your isp forcing an ip update.

"Software caused connection abort" is just a meaningless way of telling you that the connection was broken somehow, from IRC we see you quitting with ping timeout, meaning that the connection was probably interrupted.

i had that prob aswell last days, firewall was the problem. just set urs correct. irc pinging me caused it afaik.

Right, did a fresh install of my mirc on my laptop - disconnected at the same time as usual.. so can elminate my install of mirc

aint got any software firewalls enabled, only the one on my router, however ive tried disabling it and resetting the router to factory defaults.. does it anyway

so.. guess that leaves my isp - may give em a ring tomorrow

my router resets or something, probably wrong turn at around mightnight, where I lose connection for about half a second, MSN auto resigns in, irc disconnects etc.

My connection in-frequently resets when alot of users are logging on using same isp in my area, also im on a 8mb line and I still have disconnections.

i'm not sure you're reading this properly.. I disconnect at 00:08 EVERY DAY.. exactly.. give or take about 20 seconds... my inet connection does not drop out - eg my torrent client would report a loss of connectivity and msn would sign out/in

it just seems to be irc.. gonna ring my isp tomorrow morning i think

here's todays log:

[00:08:34] * [10053] Software caused connection abort
-
[00:08:34] * Disconnected

*shrug*