minigunning

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minigun, in general requires more ping (lower of course) than skill to use properly.
Yeah, also tickrates... etc, which means that you will be a better miniwhore if your comp is able to show more fpss.
Cant remember now where I read that the only unbalanced weapon in UT is the minigun, overpowered, piss easy to get frags if you have good system specs and con, and I agree.
Annoying :mad:
And it was opinions from l33t UT players...

Minigun altfire in short range can take a SB'ed guy down in less than 1 sec.
Altfire becomes less accurate with the distance, till long range, where its useless. You should use primary, but again, pinging >100 you won't hit shit, unless you are fighting a line-walking noob.

Have to disagree with ya psych

ive been playing on US servers with a 150+ F6 ping and minigunning ppl down easy, its just a case of aiming in front of em, altho tracking them perfectly obviously isnt as easy on as it is on a 60 ping.

The thing that effects the mini most is tickrate, simple, as shown by that article ;). Framerate will only affect the amount to see that person, which doesnt matter since you will be aiming in front of them and predicting where they are going on a high ping anyway. The reason (people think) its harder to mini on a higher ping is cos you have to anticipate where they are going and aim a fair distance in front of em which is true of all weapons.... doesnt change the damage done per shot :)

Framerate also affect a bit, as shown on the article ;)
Not as much as ping, of course.
As I said, fighting a line-walking noob its easy to predict his moves and keep the tracking on him, of course, whatever your ping is. But try to minigun down (primary fire) a dodging bitch with a ping like 150, especially if he is minigun you back on ping 50. Obviously, you'll die :(

Is that why...

...people own me with minigun? They always dodge and I can't hit them. But when I dodge I get ripped apart anyway. So then you also have to track them well which I can't seem to do? Argh I hate minigun a lot cos it's beyond me :(

Mini damage is same on head or body or anywhere else
its just random though, cant be arsed to find exact number per bullet though

and rofl @ the site
you might even get packetloss, since the packets get pissed off waiting in queues and kill themselves.

The result of this is you going dead from invisible stuff, this is often referred to as "WTF??!" by the players affected.

Last edited:
the thing with mini is how far u are from the guy, if u dodge really close into him and manage to keep ur crosshair on him hes gonna die real fast.

The other nasty thing about the minigun is its "lockdown" feature - if you fire at someone, and keep tracking him(i.e. keep firing at and hitting him) , you see the body jerk. Basically, the lockdown prevents you from dodging/jumping out of the lock, which generally means you're toast, because you keep getting hit.

That is what really does the damage with the minigun. Being hit by it reduces mobility/movement ability. Although a low ping obviously helps.

i know this lockdown thing its annoying very as u cant dodge at all and any decent minigunner will have u dead in a second so u really dont have much chance once there locked onto you

the hitbox is hard-coded, doesn't matter where u hit someone with mini, only ripper and sniper will do more damage if you make headshot.

And...

You can't jump either when you're being minigunned. Which makes trying to climb a flight of stairs a complete nightmare.

:bah:

I play with and average 200 - 300 ping so for me the minigun is a good close in wep in secondary fire .... but primary fire can only be used for blowing out objectives.

As a result maps like Ballistic I grap the snot cannon and dodge like a bitch ... use the lag to my advantage, taking on the defenders in front of the gate is pointless.

Its all about changing up your tactics to address your situation, As a high pinger I will never be a mini or snipe god but dogding should make me a harder target to hit.

(now if I could only find out how to dodge properlly we would be sorted :rofl: )

Redd

Status
Not open for further replies.