Mercing Idea

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
<Humphro> I really wish someone would take my merc thread seriously
<Stompa> no one take any of ur threads seriously :P
<CeCe> lol
<Stompa> cece :x
* DominuS bottox slaps jackel
* Angel_IN_Disguise has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
<jackel> cool
<DominuS> :)
<Sidoh> what would be stopping people from leaving the clan theyre in and creating a holding zone clan of mercs who can then merc for any clan they choose?
<Sidoh> @ humph
<Stompa> gimme link to thread and ill add somethin
<Sidoh> http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35068
<jackel> prolly smb....
<Stompa> added a post \
<Stompa> how u guess !
<Stompa> =pp

i said it!

And my response was:

<Humphro> well thats all well and good but a hz clan of mercs isn't really a clan, and who would go to hz just so they can merc?

ppl, THINK FS. THIS IS TO REDUCE MERCING. NOT INCREASE IT.

smb bitch :bj: humph altho somet should be done , but hey admins have been workin hard to get present things sorted give em a chance LOL

what a crap idea, how would that stop higher clans mercing for lower clans in the slightest

^^ yap he's right, that would not stop high div clan members mercing for lower div clans

the only thing that it would do would be legalising and ecouraging lower clan players to merc for higher clan, but fs which div1 or 2 clan wants div4-ers to merc for them? it's the other way around, so it's just complete bollox in the end.

btw ajax smells.

To be fair to Humphro (somebody shoot me please :rolleyes: )

We have friends who play in a MechWarrior league, and they have legal mercs involved in a way kind of like what Humphro has mentioned. That system you dont just play for points, you play for planets, military units, money, resources in a whole universe-type thing. Mercs get money and equipment from any battle they are involved in.

HOWEVER.

This model just does not work for this league. We play for points, we have clans, mercs do not, cannot and will not ever be acceptable to the majority of people here.

@ fbs would you plz keep your mouth shut... cuz i cant stand the smell of the shit coming out of your mouth!
go to a Spam-topic or somewhat ok... there you can do shit posts but we grownups are having convesation so kids should be quiet
F.O.

well sry humph if this topic was really meant seriously. I didnt want to offend in any way.

but i have to agree with Mughi that ur idea doesnt work. Mercing must be stopped somehow, but i my opinion u cant stop mercinf if u allow it with ceratin restrictions.
I'm sure that the admin try to find a way to stop that fuck. We can only offer our help and hope that those who really merc might become reasonable one day and stop it.

@ hump really i tryed to get your thread serious and posted back that there are some good things about it but you cant really make it come true... besides you saw the reaction of others... not much can talk normal in this forum... you are called noob, lame, etc very easy just by saying what you think... and that really is lame!

@ Blood...
you dont believe in what you sayed do you?
do you really think they will grow up and then from one day to the other... nah i dont cheat or merc anymore... and then everything is ok?
i dont really think this will happen,... reminds me of something
you guys probably can remember the game Diablo right?

well when the game was out, after about 1 year every fucking server you went on... you only saw... level 40++ chars runing around with best weapons and best armor... cuz all cheated thats why i stoped playing... cuz no server was left without cheaters :( and i just hope this will not happen to UT and League some day!!!!!

Originally posted by Felerian
not much can talk normal in this forum... you are called noob, lame, etc very easy just by saying what you think... and that really is lame!

i'd say look at ur own stuff before writing this..

@ humph. like i said it wouldnt reduce mercing m8 .. the only thing that it would do is that ppl actually know who's mercing (when a lower div player is playing for a high div clan )

i'm asking you: would higher division players stop mercing for lower division clans when ur rule would be applied?

my answer no .. it's a rule that will be broken just as there would be a rule like " no mercs at all"

and for the part where u said if there wouldnt be any mercs allowed that there would be only 10 clans in the league.. i seriously doubt it.. and tbh i think i have a better insight in this whole league then you considering the time i've been around .. a lot of others should be able to back me up on the part there are a lot of clans out there who hardly rely on mercs/multiclanners

well in this you really are right... hope never dies... and im hoping with you :)

humphro it wouldent reduce mercing , i think YOU need to think about it. people would do it more because they know they can get away with it, it would make the whole league a joke.
You choose the clan to play for , you play for them and them only, or whats the point of the league ? I am pretty new , but come on even i can see this.

i read all pages on this thread, and i must say the first few replies got me laughing alot :lol:

but in all seriousness, i think that the effort that would be put into this mercing system would all go to waste. players will still merc illegally. I agree with Rel@x here also, mercing is ok if there is a player shortage and that both teams agree to it, then there be no probz 4 ne1 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.