matrix rev

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

"Smith, you did some bad things, people got hurt, you gotta go down. Whoops wrong film"

*** PoisonPen changes topic to 'Matrix Revolutions: Smith: "I R teh Ubermensch! U R 0wn3d w/ my awesome Will!" Neo: "No! Because I will refute teh diabilical existential angst w/ kung fu!" Smith: "Argh! Now I must stand in the rain and shake my fist at you! Why? Why?" Neo: "Ha ha! I win by losing! I R teh Jesus!" The end.'

Bash.org>matrix :P

think ppl are trying to read to much into it, its film its made to entertain, i liked it. Now if you want real sci fi try reading some william gibson or greg bear, films will always be dumbed down.

Lohengrin said:
*** PoisonPen changes topic to 'Matrix Revolutions: Smith: "I R teh Ubermensch! U R 0wn3d w/ my awesome Will!" Neo: "No! Because I will refute teh diabilical existential angst w/ kung fu!" Smith: "Argh! Now I must stand in the rain and shake my fist at you! Why? Why?" Neo: "Ha ha! I win by losing! I R teh Jesus!" The end.'

Bash.org>matrix :P

LOL

- Love it.

Xell said:
the story is the biggest shize, but the effeKtZ... :wow:

Well I really believe that the story is good. Problem is that the story is very deep. If you dont listen to the conversation's going on, leave to go to the toilet for example when the Architect was speaking your gonna hate the movie story wise.

Alot of people i know hate the movie cause they dont understand it, when I explained to them and they watched the movie again they really enjoyed both story and action.

I still rate revolutions high.

We have made analasyses of Matrix1 in college for about 2 years now, and we never seem to end up having an answer to the question: What if there really was a Matrix in our world, and we didnt know anything about it?"
So i think the trilogy has a lot of stuff, for bringing up to discussion.. therefore the movie can't be that bad storywise. As Mc said the story is very deep (deep is not the word) I personally dont think that the story will ever end.. since we still can discuss nr.1 today, without taking part of Reloaded or Revolutions.
And yea effects are great, maybe technology have soon grown advanced 'nuff to make a Dragonball movie too? :rolleyes:

I dont think the story is that bad..
Only i hate trinity because she bitches all the time and gets neo into trouble, and is ugly
And it is f00lish that they keep repeating: I believe in him, he's the one -_-'
And ofcose all the other bullshit :o

And the end just sux.. like smith bursts open and explodes -_-
That's what you see in bad action tv series like power rangers or sommat

Anyway Nice special effects :love:

SubZero said:
We have made analasyses of Matrix1 in college for about 2 years now, and we never seem to end up having an answer to the question

Since you're studying it I imagine one of the first conclusions you came to is that Matrix is an allegory, and one that has been explored time and again throught the ages in terms of philosophy (Plato, blah blah). The conceptual 'deep stuff' is already laid out ready to be wrapped up in an exciting manner- which is the effects, the ostensible plot and the characters.

The problem for me lies in the development of a religious angle that seems at odds with the philosophy. In the end you get no answers, not even a suggestion of one as it gets caught up in what has become its own philosophy. unfortunately it's a philosophy that has no frame of reference in our world, as it's not based on anything real. So it ultimately treads a fictional path with references to our world which is just confusing. At least it could provide answers to its own questions, but it doesn't.

In an effort to make sure I haven't missed the point somewhere I've been reading people's interpretations on the web. They all have one thing in common: They're almost all different. So to those that feel that they have a grasp on it I would say that they can join the multitudes out there attempting to make up for the moviemakers' inadequacies and obviously failing since no one knows.

The effects are cool though.

NO
All this "it's too deep, you didn't understand it" is BOLLOCKS

The film makers just wrote a load of gobshite in the last 2 films and gave people the opportunity to discuss what they(!) think is happening/happened. It chooses to be open ended in parts, and completely closed in others.

I am being a bit harsh with it, it's not shit.

But i had high expectations of the last 2, and it did not live up to my expectations/standards.