%MARKUP% suggestion.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Jun 2, 2003
Relative
I know I've already put this as a reply to the "Suggestions" thread, but I thought it would get more "air-play" in a thread of it's own. I hope you don't mind! ;)

------------------------

Being a coder of some years I've recently tried to get my hands dirty in UnrealScript. As a starter project I thought I'd try and emulate a few features of the LeagueAS MOD as closely as I could.

I especially like the new markup that you've integrated into the Say/TeamSay commands, and that was one of the first things I tried to copy. In fact I added a few new markup-tags of my own, and I'd really like to see them integrated into LeagueAS if you like them. Here's the list:

%POSITION%
- A very simple one. This returns the value in %LOCATION% if it is not "Unknown", otherwise it returns %OBJECTIVE%.

%MYTARGET%
- This returns the name of the player you are looking at, and is not team-dependent. I created this one as I was getting to grips with Traces, but I don't think it's quite as useful as the one below...

%NEARESTTEAMMATE%
- As the tag suggests, this returns the name your nearest team-mate. For example, in your User.ini you could have:

X=TeamSay > %NEARESTTEAMMATE%, I'm right behind you! | Speech 4 3 -1

I know you said in your above post that you will probably not add new features, but these are just extensions on an existing feature and I hope you'll consider them in a minor-update ;)

BTW, why not bring back AdvancedSay and AdvancedTeamSay? I don't always play on LeagueAS servers and when I don't I'm forever spamming my team-mate's consoles with undoctored markup :D

Cheers

so... is advanced teamsay actually in leagueas at the moment or not? or is it just teamsay %location% that i put in my ini?

it works with just team say joko, the only downside to that is public non leagueas servers you get %health% etc etc popping up in your msgs though that isnt a big problem imo

yeah i noticed that, before i had it on advancedteamsay and it didnt work newhere. Now ive just got teamsay and it works on jolt but every other server its f00ked.

decisions decisions

well the one that Ace posted might be more useful as one might think, just think of ProAS, if you've shot a rocket and it would accidently hit your teamm8s then press the button and if your teamm8 can react in time you have only lost the ammunition and not your teamm8 aswell :D

the %POSITION% script is nice! Good idea :)

i dont think %MYTARGET% is really useful but you've posted that for yerself already :)

Last edited: